No Options Apply Sattelite Dish

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all, got him sorted. The dish is working a treat. I am apparently the cleverest person in the world!!!!!according to Mrs Red1
The antenna man was amazingly helpful. I also learnt something. The signal doesn’t come at the dish towards the LNB. It comes almost vertically and because of the parabolic design of the dish the signal then hits the LNB, so it doesn’t matter that there are trees in front of the dish, it does matter if there are trees above it. We actually set it up about 5 m from a hedge. Also, I bought one of these, really easy to use, much better than the satking. Thanks to everyone for their help and encouragement not to let technology beat me...
Cheers
David
Your secret is safe with us .... its only the internet, pretty sure no-one else uses it. ;)

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Hi all, I replaced the Wynyard splitter plate with the booster. It appears to be a lot better. The antenna is very touchy though. 1 click either way in direction and the reception goes to crap. May be somethingelse wrong with it I’ll have to get hold of a in line signal metre to check the output of each point

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all, I replaced the Wynyard splitter plate with the booster. It appears to be a lot better. The antenna is very touchy though. 1 click either way in direction and the reception goes to crap. May be somethingelse wrong with it I’ll have to get hold of a in line signal metre to check the output of each point
Winegards are pox, but I have slightly better luck with one face than the other. Ours was installed with the internal spinny handle arrow thing suggesting the front of the antenna was the post side .... works better with the non post side for us (maybe it does for everyone, and my discovery isnt so miraculous)