Sterling Running speaker and power cables in sterling

JAS095

Aug 26, 2012
IMG_0299.JPG
in our sterling I'm want to install outdoor speakers on the door side under the awning I have noticed that around the out side of the master bedroom (where the queen size bed is) there is skirting boards which have cabling in behind them as there is only a small hole at each end it will be hard to fish but it seem that there may be a way to open them up (see photo) does any one have any experience in opening the ???

Reactions: norm walker

SkinnyBuddah

Jul 12, 2015
Ballarat
They look exactly the same as the ones used in the expanda.. if that's the case mine were screwed in from in side which ever cupboard or space they butted up against

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
I presume you have removed the screws from under each plastic cover. Looks like the trim is only heald down by these screws. If you fish the wires or take the trim off, I suggest you also leave a draw cord in case you want to pull more wires through in the future.

Reactions: Rockape

JAS095

Aug 26, 2012
I presume you have removed the screws from under each plastic cover. Looks like the trim is only heald down by these screws. If you fish the wires or take the trim off, I suggest you also leave a draw cord in case you want to pull more wires through in the future.

No I just removed the plastic cover / cap and that is what i found underneith

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Undo the long screws in the plastic cover. As @pauljygrant said there may also be screws holding them from the inside (Inside cupboards etc).
On our expanda I was able to pull the top of the "skirting board" away enough to hook the speaker cable with a bit of wire and feed it through the ends into tunnel.

Also had to get the cables in behind the shower cubicle...... And NO WAY was I going to remove that!!!!!

Ended up getting THIS out of the shed and had the cables located to stereo withing ten minutes :) Best $3.95 I ever spent!

Reactions: Jags73

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
My Jayco Journey has a similar skirting board. I used some yellow tongue I bought from bunnings and pushed it through, then taped the wires to the yellow Tongue and pulled them through.
Cheers
Nick