Exterior Rooftop bike rack problem

Noodles

Jul 1, 2016
Gold Coast
Hi all,

We took delivery of our new Swan Outback a few weeks ago. We ordered it with two roof mounted bike racks and...well...we have no idea how to use the blasted things! There are some straps that we found in one of the drawers that we assume are for them.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of system before I contact Jayco and ask them?

Cheers!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all,

We took delivery of our new Swan Outback a few weeks ago. We ordered it with two roof mounted bike racks and...well...we have no idea how to use the blasted things! There are some straps that we found in one of the drawers that we assume are for them.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of system before I contact Jayco and ask them?

Cheers!
If they are axle mount bike racks, the straps will be to strap the front wheel to the bike frame in transit. Or to strap the bottom of the wheel rims to the mounting rail to stop the bike bouncing

Reactions: bigcol

AJC

Jul 1, 2012
ACT
I had them. Three straps per rack. Two smaller ones go through the spokes and strap the wheels to the rack. Third lager one goes around the bike aluminium arms just below the frame clamp, to ensure the clamp stays closed. Use all three and the bikes will stay securely in place.

Reactions: bigcol