Rogerthat's 20.64.01 OB Expanda

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Hi All

After number 2 arrived (and coming to terms with my fear of public / caravan parks showers and toilets) we decided to sell our trusty Jayco Hawk Outback and upgrade to a full Expanda Caravan. It's been a long, excruciating wait for this thing to arrive and we are now in the final 4 weeks. After signing the papers for the new van in October the old Hawk took a week to sell, so no summer camping for us!

We decided on waiting for a 2017 Outback Expanda Caravan 20.64.01 and have added the following options.

• Leather upgrade (easier to clean after a 1 year old touches it!)
  • Ibis AC
  • Oven
  • Extra water tank - 3, and grey water tank.
  • External shower
  • Fusion Stereo and TV (show pack)
  • 150w solar upgrade
  • Washing machine
  • Drifta upgrade.
  • External fold down table
  • Storm covers
  • AT35 Hitch
  • Stone guard
  • Few additional power point - 240v/12v
  • Water filtration
This is the van that sold us ours, we were looking at a Prado towable model but opted for this once we walked inside - it's an expensive new van - has also cost us a new car (not that I was complaining, always wanted a Ute!)

We think we got a great deal and the sales person Paul, from Brisbane Camperland has been great to deal with. The new van is due at the end of Feb and I was told that it came 'offline' in Melbourne yesterday and will be making its way up north shortly.

We are really looking forward to it arriving. Thanks for a great forum and some fantastic ideas, once the new van arrives I will post up some pictures.

Cheers Dan

Attachments

• IMG_6628.JPG
    IMG_6628.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Nice looking setup you've ordered there @Rogerthatv2 .
What tug are you towing it with?
When's pickup ?
It'll look like a palace compared to the hawk.

Thanks Delano, end of Feb is what we have been told. We ended up buying a new Nissan Navara STX dual cab, just for the coils and I have added airbags however once the van arrives I will upgrade the suspension as the OE stuff does not impress me or fill me with confidence, I knew this when buying it.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awesome looking Van
you will enjoy for sure

also

welcome to the forum @Rogerthatv2 never be afraid to ask any and all questions, the combined brains trust has either done it, know of someone who has or wont admit that they did that

as @Delano said, what are you towing with
wheres your shake down trip going to be
how deep are your pockets
how big is your back yard
etc..........

Reactions: Delano and dagree

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
awesome looking Van
you will enjoy for sure

also

welcome to the forum @Rogerthatv2 never be afraid to ask any and all questions, the combined brains trust has either done it, know of someone who has or wont admit that they did that

as @Delano said, what are you towing with
wheres your shake down trip going to be
how deep are your pockets
how big is your back yard
etc..........

Thanks for the welcome, not sure yet on the shake down trip - possibly Bigriggen or Gordon Country. Leaning towards Gordon country for room and privacy whilst we work it.

We have 10 nights booked away at Easter as well, so that will be its big test.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
and coming to terms with my fear of public / caravan parks showers and toilets

Welcome to the forum even tho your a big sook. Youll miss the Caravaners parade, the squelching wet thong march, along with the nighttime drizzle dash to the dunny. But you'll pick up the "Walk of Shame", the toilet can to the dump point

But youve quickly managed to redeem yourself with the tasteful 20ft Expanda and mighty Navara combo, both simply the only real choices. There are only two kinds of people on here, ones with Navaras and 20ft Expandas, and those that want them.

Congrats on the substantial upgrade leap. My son cracked the $hits whilst we were away in ours, and we kind of just ignored him when he wandered off to sulk. Sometime later we couldnt see him and he didnt answer his name so we had to go look for him, and found him lying on his bed. The van is officially big enough when you can loose a kid in it.

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Welcome to the forum even tho your a big sook. Youll miss the Caravaners parade, the squelching wet thong march, along with the nighttime drizzle dash to the dunny. But you'll pick up the "Walk of Shame", the toilet can to the dump point

But youve quickly managed to redeem yourself with the tasteful 20ft Expanda and mighty Navara combo, both simply the only real choices. There are only two kinds of people on here, ones with Navaras and 20ft Expandas, and those that want them.

Congrats on the substantial upgrade leap. My son cracked the $hits whilst we were away in ours, and we kind of just ignored him when he wandered off to sulk. Sometime later we couldnt see him and he didnt answer his name so we had to go look for him, and found him lying on his bed. The van is officially big enough when you can loose a kid in it.

Gosh you sound like my wife, yes big sook but in my defence there was an 'incident' at a certain caravan park in Fingal Heads, there are certain things that should not be done in public places and 2 years on I am still scared, lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome, we are a really looking forward to it arriving. It has been an expensive upgrade however we are looking at this as a long term investment in our family so think the money is well spent. Will keep you updated when it arrives, also we are pleased to hear that we can loose a kid in there, we loved our Hawk but you knew they were both in there!

Cheers Dan

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
@Rogerthatv2 - nice shopping list

I just recently purchased the same model myself - thread goes on for a bit - http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/shopping-list-and-thoughts.9216/ but details the extras I got, etc.

• Get Jayco to supply and fit an Anti Flap Kit if you don't already have the correct size at home - I have recently found they are as cheap as anyone anyway.
  • Can you get Grey water and 3rd Water tank? I was told it was one or the other. Very interested if you get both supplied.Is yours a wish list or confirmed build?

Let the waiting game begin......

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
@Rogerthatv2 - nice shopping list

I just recently purchased the same model myself - thread goes on for a bit - http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/shopping-list-and-thoughts.9216/ but details the extras I got, etc.

• Get Jayco to supply and fit an Anti Flap Kit if you don't already have the correct size at home - I have recently found they are as cheap as anyone anyway.
  • Can you get Grey water and 3rd Water tank? I was told it was one or the other. Very interested if you get both supplied.Is yours a wish list or confirmed build?

Let the waiting game begin......

Thanks Macca, I have had a really good read of your thread (during breaks at work of course ;) ) - confirmed build and was finished Wednesday and now waiting for Transport to Brisbane, I think you might be right on the tank but will check tomorrow, the grey water tank and filter was a last minute addition at our confirm 'interior colours' meeting. That was a mission in itself... I added / opted for the grey water as I thought if I did not use it as a grey water I could potentially use it as a 3rd tank.

4 weeks to go, not that I am counting! I have to go OS for work for a couple of weeks in early March (3 prime camping weekend worth!) so knowing my luck it will arrive to weekend before I go and won't be able to use it for 8 weeks.

Thanks for the anti flap tip, will grab one.

Cheers Dan

Lonnie

Oct 24, 2016
Ulladulla
Nice! Painful wait! Any idea on when yours will be delivered?
No unfortunately. Only given "sometime in Feb". We purchased from Canberra so whenever it gets there, they said they will have it for a week and then we can pick it up. Still have a few things to do to the car before that so not minding the wait too much as yet.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Thanks Macca, I have had a really good read of your thread (during breaks at work of course ;) ) - confirmed build and was finished Wednesday and now waiting for Transport to Brisbane, I think you might be right on the tank but will check tomorrow, the grey water tank and filter was a last minute addition at our confirm 'interior colours' meeting. That was a mission in itself... I added / opted for the grey water as I thought if I did not use it as a grey water I could potentially use it as a 3rd tank.

4 weeks to go, not that I am counting! I have to go OS for work for a couple of weeks in early March (3 prime camping weekend worth!) so knowing my luck it will arrive to weekend before I go and won't be able to use it for 8 weeks.

Thanks for the anti flap tip, will grab one.

Cheers Dan
It'll come sooner than you think - you will love it.

Don't worry to much about the grey water - I don't think you can use it as a 3rd tank anyway (pretty sure it just holds waste and isn't plumbed to pump water back out).

Make sure to keep us up to date....

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
It'll come sooner than you think - you will love it.

Don't worry to much about the grey water - I don't think you can use it as a 3rd tank anyway (pretty sure it just holds waste and isn't plumbed to pump water back out).

Make sure to keep us up to date....

Shall do, hoping to hear from the dealer today as to an ETA as I have number plate and coupling ready to go.

Lonnie

Oct 24, 2016
Ulladulla
Hey @Rogerthatv2 have you got a date yet? We can pick ours up after the 13th. Unfortunately we probably can't get there until the 25th due to work commitments but the countdown is on!

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Hey @Rogerthatv2 have you got a date yet? We can pick ours up after the 13th. Unfortunately we probably can't get there until the 25th due to work commitments but the countdown is on!

Hi Lonnie

Got the call to arms last week - finally got around to dropping off the hitch at number plate today and booked in for collection on the 23rd Feb at 1pm. 25th Feb, we are out of here!!! Gordon Country for a shake down trip.

I had a look over their demo which is similar to ours eccept for the leather, grey water and a few other items. The good news, it's ready and wired for J-Hub!

Good luck on the collection of yours, cannot wait for ours.

Cheers Dan

Lonnie

Oct 24, 2016
Ulladulla
Hi Lonnie

Got the call to arms last week - finally got around to dropping off the hitch at number plate today and booked in for collection on the 23rd Feb at 1pm. 25th Feb, we are out of here!!! Gordon Country for a shake down trip.

I had a look over their demo which is similar to ours eccept for the leather, grey water and a few other items. The good news, it's ready and wired for J-Hub!

Good luck on the collection of yours, cannot wait for ours.

Cheers Dan

Sounds great @Rogerthatv2 ! Not sure when our shake down trip will be. Have a holiday booked up your way with another family but we have hired a house, end of March. Realistically don't think we'll get away before that as the wife works every second weekend. Such a great part of the world down here so don't have to travel far to get away. Let me know how you go at handover. Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!
In regards to the J-Hub, does that mean they ALL come already wired? Or is it a special request? Good luck at handover!!

Reactions: bigcol

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Sounds great @Rogerthatv2 ! Not sure when our shake down trip will be. Have a holiday booked up your way with another family but we have hired a house, end of March. Realistically don't think we'll get away before that as the wife works every second weekend. Such a great part of the world down here so don't have to travel far to get away. Let me know how you go at handover. Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!
In regards to the J-Hub, does that mean they ALL come already wired? Or is it a special request? Good luck at handover!!

Thanks, shall do. The way brisbane Camperland spoke was that this batch had the new charger, controls rtc but operated by the drifta but with everything for the J-Hub. All we have to do is purchase the tablet when it is released in April. The Expanda will do everything bar the air suspension controls / levelling.

I have double booked our 23rd collection and will be in Perth, hoping we can get it earlier otherwise it will late March as I have a few weeks in Belgium for work in early March. Fingers crossed they can accomodate us.

Cheers Dan

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
March might be better for Gordon Country can get flamin hot there in Feb, oh the wait would kill me though..............................check out the new wedding chapel barn at Gordon Country my son in law built it.

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
New delivery date - Monday 20th March, I wish it was sooner but work commitments are now helping my cause, better sitting at Brisbane Camperland PD all wrapped up then in our front yard andnot used for 4 weeks... will update when we get it. Cheers Dan