Exterior Reversing light, light pole for rear?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Was always going to mount reversing lights on the Expanda. But after we camped at weddin mountains in those bays lined with logs that NSW NPs are so fond off I found it would have been great to have had a rear facing light coming off the van. So it got me thinking on the new van to fit one of those telescoping light poles like they have on the back of fourbies. The Starcraft will have a rear spare either mounted to the bumper or van so it should be easy enough I guess. But what's the light like ? and is having it say 2200 of the ground enough? Conscious of not wanting to stare into it if not high enough.

Looking at this one.

http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/...jidij-off-road-telescopic-led-light-pole.html

GregW

Jan 30, 2013
Perth
Lets try again lol
image.jpg

GregW

Jan 30, 2013
Perth
Yes it is for the genie, dont do interstate, but bush, but in saying that you are very right

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
A number of rave reviews about the Rijidij ones - telescopic, connects to reversing wire but also has a switch to override as a work light. The lamp is no longer the round one though but is now a 6x5W light bar.
Murray will also customise to suit.

(no affiliation) :)

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks SD so is that website I posted him or a reseller? If he customizes I would like to discuss getting one to suit the new van when it's here.