Just Browsing Reversing Camera

Dogger

Jun 3, 2016
Wallerawang
Hi All
I am looking for a reversing camera system for my caravan. My ideas were 2 cameras on van, a 7 inch screen and possible portable navigation system. Any info is much apreciated

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I'm also thinking of a reversing camera but definately don't want to add to the number of screens in the car so I'm looking for something which might combine a camera, GPS and maybe the rear vision mirror? (I'm happy just to have a camera on the rear of the van, not the car)

Hopeful, aren't I?

Have just started looking so any suggestions / solutions will be gratefully received.

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
Sydney. Northern Beaches.
Reactions: dagree

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have that unit with a camera on the truck and another on the van. Very happy with the camera setup but as a mirror it sucks. Maybe just my truck with its canopy means it has to reflect through 3 lots of tinted glass so it is almost impossible to see behind. Thank goodness for external mirrors and I use the camera if I need to see. I use the camera all the time with the van on.

You will need a special cable to connect from van to back of your tug

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I have that unit with a camera on the truck and another on the van. Very happy with the camera setup but as a mirror it sucks. Maybe just my truck with its canopy means it has to reflect through 3 lots of tinted glass so it is almost impossible to see behind. Thank goodness for external mirrors and I use the camera if I need to see. I use the camera all the time with the van on.

You will need a special cable to connect from van to back of your tug

I had a the same problem on my last work ute. I ended up taking it off because I couldn't use the mirror.

My latest work ute has one but it actually works as a mirror as well.

If you're going for the mirror version then you really need to see it in the flesh beforehand as they obviously vary in quality.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
First up the camera needs to be at least a 90 deg or less, anymore like a 120 deg and you won't see a Kenworth until it is 2 mts from you, I have a cam on the ute and one on the van they feed into a screen which fits over my mirror, since i can't see out the back of the ute the camera takes the mirrors place and I can switch between feeds with touch of a button. If you go for this option get the one that replaces the mirror not the one thats fits over it......they are a pain, too heavy, mounted in the mirror position you don't have any sunlight on screen problems.
Brash Imports have the gear at decent prices and the gear is good.
You don't want one with a GPS combined , updates or failure of one causes problems.
Wireless can be time consuming, not to mention frustrating.

Reactions: Dobbie

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ok. More to check out at the show this week.

Might keep me away from the Dagward Dogs?