Resale Value on 17.56.1

b1900c

May 8, 2011
Adelaide SA
Gday all
We are in the process of deciding between the 16.49.2 or the 17.56.1. We notice there are many 16 footers on the second hand market but barely any 17 footers.
Is this because the 17 footers are popular for the long hall? We will probaly purchase new in the end for either one, but as you can imagine, resale value is very important.

Great forum with excellent info.

Out of curiosity, how much discount would you expect on a 17.56.1 OB demo model?

Cheers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Some good questions b1900c and welcome to the forum.

As for which is more popular for resale and why I'm not to sure. We went for the 16 footer for its lighter tare weight and easier to store in the shed. In saying that I really like the 17 footers also.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers Cruza

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday all
We are in the process of deciding between the 16.49.2 or the 17.56.1. We notice there are many 16 footers on the second hand market but barely any 17 footers.
Is this because the 17 footers are popular for the long hall? We will probaly purchase new in the end for either one, but as you can imagine, resale value is very important.

Great forum with excellent info.

Out of curiosity, how much discount would you expect on a 17.56.1 OB demo model?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

The 17 has only been on sale since December 09 so its only one and a half years.

The 17.56.1 has gained momentum probably in the last 6 months.

But the 16"s have been around for donkeys years so will be plenty more second hand!

Also the 17"s are right on the 2tonne limit of tow vehicles so vans like the 17.56.2 need to be towed with something that has a 2.5 tonned two capaicty. The 17.56.1 I believe is right on the 2T or over it.

Where as the 16"s are below the 2T limit so can be towed by most smaller cars which has made them more popular.

Hope that makes sense :)

Ohhhh and in terms of demo's it just depends on what you can get your hands on at the time.

I was in a Jayco yard yesterday and they had an 2010 clearance model and it was close to 10k cheaper than retail but they obviously just wanted it gone if you know what I mean.

May pay to give Jayco Sydney a call considering they have just finished a show and find out if they have anything to offload??

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
May pay to give Jayco Sydney a call considering they have just finished a show and find out if they have anything to offload??

After you call Jayco Sydney, call Jayco canberra for an even better price:p
Ask for Rob:D

b1900c

May 8, 2011
Adelaide SA
Thanks very much for the info. I think we have decided on the 17 ft.
I will start calling the other Jayco dealers tommorrow.

Let the fun begin!!!!