Interior Removing canvas bed end

Matt J

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome @Matt J, your pretty good at removing the canvas, but not so flash at uploading the pics.

I had my screens recently replaced with midgie mesh by www.allsortsacanvas.com.au/ in Hastings. He was recommended by Page Bros and did a pretty good job; flat, neat and original looking. $400 for all 3 screens removed and replaced

Reactions: 1DayIll

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No pics here either, "download error, no permission " notice..................................I did a write up on removal a few years back, just remember to put a dob of bog on the screws when you replace them and don't overtighten .

Reactions: bigcol

Matt J

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
Apologies, I will have to try and fix the photos when I get a chance.
In the end the repairer suggested to sew in a strip over the existing tear as it was straight along the bottom and the rest of the fly was in good condition. Only $40 for the patch repair, was quoted $140 to replace whole fly. Haven't yet tried to put it back yet.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Katut

Aug 20, 2017
Baulkham Hills
No pics here either, "download error, no permission " notice..................................I did a write up on removal a few years back, just remember to put a dob of bog on the screws when you replace them and don't overtighten .
Hi Drover, can I ask when you say dob of bog, what bog are you talking about? I’d like to replace the screws around my bed ends as they have surface rust on them and look daggy but have been hesitant cause I’m not sure if they are once only type screws and won’t tighten properly on the second go.