Exterior Relocate bike rack

Cammo

Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne
Hi All,
I have a 17.58-3 Starcraft outback and was wanting to raise the bike rack to be able to accomodate a spare wheel carrier and a Jerry can holder on the rear bar. I rang Jayco Bayswater today and was told no it can't be done due to mounting blocks put on the frame where the rack is now. He said you can try but if you miss the mounting blocks you will have holes in the back of your van. Has anyone done this mod before?
Cheers,
Cammo

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We had our Bike rack put on a floor stock van at Mt Gambier.. They just screwed it into the fiberglass and hence fell off over a bump
Was told again by Bayswater that if its is not done at factory with blocking then they could not put it on.
They had to go to Jayco get the plans and luckily they drilled the holes in the right spot or close to it. Although did not put the bracing through the wall no idea why not..Work experience kid who knows.
A big thanks they fixed another dealers problems

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/bike-rack-almost-fell-off.8293/

Here is info from the Fiammia doco.. Does not show bracing in the van although if you move it you will be left with holes on the outside and inside of van
upload_2016-3-11_9-57-35.png

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi All,
I have a 17.58-3 Starcraft outback and was wanting to raise the bike rack to be able to accomodate a spare wheel carrier and a Jerry can holder on the rear bar. I rang Jayco Bayswater today and was told no it can't be done due to mounting blocks put on the frame where the rack is now. He said you can try but if you miss the mounting blocks you will have holes in the back of your van. Has anyone done this mod before?
Cheers,
Cammo
Jayco have wall plans for every individual vans showing the size and location of the wall blocking. Youll be able to see how much room you have to move it.

Ive got mine from the dealer