Relgate got a new BT50 GT

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Whilst I do like the Clearview's, I think they (Clearview) have an over-inflated opinion of themselves and the worth of their product.
If I bought a new set of towing mirrors every 2 years I reckon I'd still be in front in 10 years time, plus they make the car look like Dumbo (and they don't make them for the Jeep anyway, so it's a moot point really:))

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Whilst I do like the Clearview's, I think they (Clearview) have an over-inflated opinion of themselves and the worth of their product.
If I bought a new set of towing mirrors every 2 years I reckon I'd still be in front in 10 years time, plus they make the car look like Dumbo (and they don't make them for the Jeep anyway, so it's a moot point really:))

Yes, they are expensive. I'm 50/50. I Like the functionality of them and not having to put on and adjust my current cheapies. I'm thinking they might look a bit ordinary on my beautiful Mazda...
I wouldnt mind seeing them in the flesh, but I dont know any around here.
Maybe @Moto Moto should get some so I can have a good look?!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Just looked at the site and YES!!!!! They do them for the 120 Prado.
Showed the "Boss" and when I scrolled down to the price she muttered something along the lines of "No F'ing way..... You can continue to fit the extended mirrors for now!!!" :ballchain::rant:And still looking for that "Thumbprint on the forehead smilie" :doh:
Might seem pricey but the improvements to vision, safety and the stability of the reflection over attached extensions far exceeds what I had to put up with previously. Tried two different mirror extensions before, always imperfect and shaky and/ or damaged car/ mirrors.
I got a bonus BD gift from MOF, besides its Father's Day isn't it?
Safety aspect alone makes the purchase price reasonable IMHO

Reactions: dagree and relgate

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Not to mention the blind spot they would create for everyday driving.
'Blind Spot' is negligible over existing mirrors on BT which were large. When pushed in, only about 30-50mm wider than existing mirrors on BT50. I found that even in normal driving, un extended, they give me a better rear view.
Main mirror flat so no 'Objects are closer than they may appear' effect and bottom mirror convex so still get good wide angle view as well.
SWMBO talked me into getting them when she saw them on 2 other BT's we came across when traveling up north and had a chance to sit in the cars and see what they were like. Here ends the rant, sorry people but you actually need to experience the improvement in vision to appreciate them. Found no other product that comes close.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
'Blind Spot' is negligible over existing mirrors on BT which were large. When pushed in, only about 30-50mm wider than existing mirrors on BT50. I found that even in normal driving, un extended, they give me a better rear view.
Main mirror flat so no 'Objects are closer than they may appear' effect and bottom mirror convex so still get good wide angle view as well.
SWMBO talked me into getting them when she saw them on 2 other BT's we came across when traveling up north and had a chance to sit in the cars and see what they were like. Here ends the rant, sorry people but you actually need to experience the improvement in vision to appreciate them. Found no other product that comes close.

It's always good to hear from someone that has used a product. Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Reactions: dagree