Relgate gets a Starcraft 22.68.1 Outback

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Ok, ok.

Here is a teaser list of 'secret mods'. Pics and more info to follow. Please don't ban me

1. Added a truma gas heater next to the hot water under the dinette (mine is L shaped)\
2. Installed/hardwired a 2000w projecta inverter wirth auto swithover function. Contol panel sits up in the cupboard above Dinette with the hot water switch, RCD, etc. I've run the leads for the fridge and SETEC up to the existing powerpoint in that cupboard so I can turn them off from mains when running with the inverter
3. Moved the batteries to under the dinette above/next to the wheel arch. Better use of that space plus gets the ball weight a bit lower
4. Not sure if I've shown this one off...... But have installed a BBQ on slide out in the front boot. Awesome
5. Cut out pizza box and placed it in the shower cubicle roof hatch to stop sun coming through and yellowing walls whilst in storage . Cheap but effective
6. Re-routed water to allow for external inlet from creek or drums. Used effectively last christmas at a camp with no running water. Filled the drumsd and left the hose sitting in them connected to van pump. Boom.
7. Cant remember if I mentioned that I added water filter to sink with separate tap and isolated front tank with valves to keep as drinking water only. The idea is that I will fill front tank before departure with 80L of good drinking water. If I need to re-fill with dodgy water while away it will go into the other tanks and be used for washing/showers etc only. Just a way of keeping the fron tank un-tainted.

I think that is all for now.......
Is that enough to keep me on the team?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
thanks mate sounds great can I get pictures :) Inverter idea seems good..
Although we have not been off grid as yet.. How did you find battery life still only one ?
Ive got 2 batteries. Life is good until i fore up the coffee machine, then they go down hill fast! I would like to add another solar panel to boost recharge