Rear indicator light - advice

foldtrip

Feb 6, 2011
perth
I was testing the electrics today and discovered one of the indicators was not working, I tried the bulb unit on the other side and it did work... This suggests a wiring issue.. Any suggestions guys?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Mate. What do you mean by the bulb unit. Did you just take the bulb from the non-working side & try in the other? Did you try the working bulb in the faulty side? If both bulbs work in one side & both don't work in the other, then you definitely have a problem, most probably with the connections. Do you have a multi-meter to check if 12v is at the connections and are the connections clean? A bit of sandpaper over the places where the bulb touches will clean them up. What type of bulb is it, cylindrical with a connection at both ends or the or the round ball type with the connection at the bottom?

The other place to look would be the trailer plug on the car and the van. I have found that pulling the plug out can sometimes be difficult and the wires get pulled out of their connections. If this happens you get nothing at the lamp end.

Let us know if you find anything.

Paul