Prodigy 2 problem

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi guys
We are having problems with our brake controller which is a prodigy 2 were it puts on the cars brake lights when the car is off.(not connected to the van) It dosnt do it all the time but when ever it feels like it. To get the brake lights to turn off I just touch the brake controller anywhere and it goes back to normal. Just wondering if anyone else has expieranced this problem before and any advice will be appreciated.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
It might be unrelated but if there is a voltage drop like if the battery isn't holding charge the brake lights can come on.

Just before our central oz trip I rewired and replaced my battery isolater between the 2 batteries because it was faulty which then wired correctly highlighted the starter battery to be faulty. My brakes lights then came on with the faulty battery and low voltage. After replacing the batteries the brake lights have never come on again.

:tea:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Sounds like the same problem the early tekonsha voyager had, i've still got one on my old rodeoand its still doing it , they did have a recall but I didn't bother .

I have a different one in my colorado

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi cruza,
I will deffentley be taking it back tomorrow. We used it over the weekend as we went on our first trip and it played up a few times. Fingers crossed they do not give me any problems. Thanks for asking, I will keep you all posted.

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi all,

Took back the controller and we got a replacement hassle free so let's see how this one goes hopefully problem free!!!