Privacy Screens

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Set my Expanda up over the weekend in the driveway and sure enough 10min later it poured. And yes the seepage was huge just like my old Hawk:rain:

I'm on the hunt now :ranger:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hi Lisao,

Yes i did have the privacy screens on - did nothing to keep water off the canvas though, same as my old Hawk camper.

Micky

Jul 15, 2011
Callala Bay NSW
Moto Moto, As mentioned in my Introduce yourself thread, we created a bed end for our new 14.44.2 from waterproof shade cloth. You can see it fitted in the photo below. As I mention we haven't yet had the opportunity to test in real rain conditions, but given it is fully waterproof will hopefully encounter no issues. Will post up a couple more picks as soon as I can to show how we attach it to the hard lid. Gather it will work the same as the Canvas screens, but would possibly be a tad lighter and easier to stow. Cheers

Panda Setup at Dolphin Point.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thanks Micky, looks like a factory item!

I just dropped my mesh screen off to the canvas guy near me. Looks like around $180 plus fitting. Probably come in just over $200. I can live with that.

Pick it up Thursday, and with rain forecast for the rest of this week, it will get a good test run on the weekend:rain:

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Just have a question, did jayco tell use to weather the canvas. (wet canvas a few times) we were told to do this when we first purchased out camper trail and had no leaking problems. I have heard of some people saying they have no problem with wet beds. I guess my question is why r some with problems and some don't. I just hope we do not end up with wet beds. (I think I need to start a new topic)

Micky

Jul 15, 2011
Callala Bay NSW
Lisa, Whilst I don't recall being advised to weather the canvas on pick up, we have done it anyway, knowing that with canvas you do need to. We also sprayed all the sewn seams with a water repellent product.........hopefully this action, plus our screens see us nice and dry when we do encounter any nasty weather! Cheers

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I was told to "season the canvas" and also did it with my Hawk. In my opinion it didn't make much difference.

In a bit of light rain its OK, but if you are stuck somewhere in heavy rain, it soaks through still. So hoping this will help in that sort of weather (fingers crossed anyway).

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well I had the canvas screen fitted today. It was ready last week but the East Coast Low had other ideas and decided to dump heaps of rain on me.

Any way here is a shot during the fitment. Very fiddly job, and considering its a prototype, i am very happy.
canvas bed fly.JPG

I told them to make a template for future customers:yo: