poptop up or down when not in use

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor
If you are not using your van for a few months should you store it with the top up or down? Or just pop it up everynow and then?

thanks
wizzer

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I tend to store our POP down as it's out in the weather with no cover yet, though ours does got out fairly regularly (minimum once a month) though I do find the seals in the POP do tend to stick if not open for a while.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
I tend to store our POP down as it's out in the weather with no cover yet, though ours does got out fairly regularly (minimum once a month) though I do find the seals in the POP do tend to stick if not open for a while.

I wonder if some vasaline or something a little less greasy on the seals would stop them sticking?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have mine under cover and prefer to leave top up with a couple of the zippered vents open. It still tends to get a bit of mould in places but we have had a lot of wet weather this year.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I wonder if some vasaline or something a little less greasy on the seals would stop them sticking?

Yep I guess it would, I was thinking of wiping then with Silicone Spray, one thing I have noticed though ours is only 9 mths old and the seals arond the POP are going mouldy:confused: