Exterior Pop Top Roof Clamps

Currency Creek

Nov 23, 2016
Windsor
Hi,
I've been a member for a while now and enjoy reading the site regularly. This is my first post and I am asking how do you fix the pop top roof clamp because I have made a right mess of our Starcraft 15 48 4 front left clamp. You guessed it I've managed to pull it out of the wall. Could I get some advice on the best way to fix it. My husband is great at fixing stuff and I am hoping it will be an easy fix. There is no damage to the cladding at all.
Thanks for such an informative and interesting site☺

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the mob firstly, you are not alone with this as it has happened to others as well..... ............on fibreglass walls an alloy plate was fixed to the wall by screw and sikaflex and the clamp bolted back on with a tin wall I can't recall but someone will surely chime in soon but I would assume it would have been fastened to the frame anyway so if a metal frame a bigger screw would be required or the position moved slightly though I would probably use an alloy plate over the spot and fix to that..................@bigcol I'm sure has sorted this out before.

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Had a problem with one of our clamps. Only holding by 2 screws The others were just into the side and broken off. Shifted the clamp slightly and put an aluminium plate behind the clamp and rescrewded it on. Used plenty of sikaflex behind the plate. All the screws went into the timber so that was good.

Currency Creek

Nov 23, 2016
Windsor
Thanks @Drover. I was hoping I wasn't the only one to have done this. It sounds like a relatively easy fix, thank goodness. Got to love a mob who are full really helpful info.

Reactions: Drover