Peterg's Lotus Trooper

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Response from Lotus when I asked for photos during the build of my new van.....

" if you could send me a reminder at the end of April to my email that would be great."

Also had a follow up saying it's no problem.....

Looking forward to it as I don't have time for a factory tour during the build.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I missed your new van thread, congrats Pete. The Lotus looks like a very impressive package (sorry, not in green. Ha)

I had a mate who was going to the show do a pre-prepared detailed look over the new Jayco offering, and you certainly did yourself a favour avoiding that one unfortunately. Im very interested in shortlisting for my next van. Does your plans include any serious extended corrugations ... I think Id like to keep that Lotus on the list for a future look

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
I missed your new van thread, congrats Pete. The Lotus looks like a very impressive package (sorry, not in green. Ha)

I had a mate who was going to the show do a pre-prepared detailed look over the new Jayco offering, and you certainly did yourself a favour avoiding that one unfortunately. Im very interested in shortlisting for my next van. Does your plans include any serious extended corrugations ... I think Id like to keep that Lotus on the list for a future look

Yep. Planning more than corrugations, hence the Lotus. Pity I also live in it when I work away, otherwise would have got something a bit smaller with the kitchen outside.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Got bad news today......

The new van is delayed by 2 weeks!!!

But that's ok, apparently some general manufacturing issues are being rectified so new vans don't have them. Little things like cracking splash backs and wiring hassles.....I'm happy to wait....

Reactions: 17triton and bigcol

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Read this thread months ago and only just looked in depth and downloaded the plans. Interesting that they now do that layout as a standard option in the Trooper. My parents ordered one about a year ago on the 20'5" too but the standard layout was flipped with the kitchen on the other side. They didn't want that as it means the range hood vents out under rtes awning and the seats are on the unshaded side of the van. They asked if they could have the Trooper with the internal layout like the Freelander that at that stage had the same layout as yours. Wonder if more people asked for the same thing so they made it a regular layout?

(Sad part is Lotus totally stuffed up and built the Trooper with the "Freelander" logo stitched into the headrests of the leather couches, and when they flipped the plans, they missed a pile of electrical stuff, so flipped the satellite connector too to now sit under the awning and also a tonne of other incorrect wiring. Was an uphill battle for the olds to get it sorted even though it was all correct on the plans and still isn't all rectified over a year later. Hopefully with Lotus making it a normal model with this layout you won't cop these issues!)

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
2 weeks till we get it.....
IMG_3434.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG