Interior Panel at Head of Bed Split.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
The white panel at the head of our bed has split from side to side. I think it is caused by the action of lifting the bed to get to the storage space underneath? The mattress presses against the panel causing it to split.

Our van is a 2013 Starcraft 16.51.3. Has any one else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? I can't see how to access it from the rear as the tunnel boot runs behind it. Typical Jayco flimsy and cheap.
20160718_092631.jpg

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
I seem to have fixed it. Purchased a tube polymer clear adhesive. This stuff is really thick and hard to squeeze out of the tube. I eventually managed to get a thick bead along 2 large sections of the split. Pressed the capping piece hard on and tapped it in place over night. It looks a lot better this morning.

I would still like to know if others have had this failure. I now don't push the mattress hard against the panel. Hopefully this will stop a reoccurance when lifting the bed.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
You haven't got a different pic ? I can't make out where that panel is in relation to the bed head . It is where it hinges or at the top of the bed head

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
At the head of the double bed is a blue cloth padded panel beneath the front window. Below that is a white 2 piece panel. It has one of those 1/2 round beads that Jayco use to cover the joins in panels running the width of the bed. The bead had separated from the panel and the 2 piece join was splitting also.