Pajero NS or NT?

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
G'day all

I need some help
It's time to upgrade the old girl and I'm in the market for a new Pajero
I've got my eye on one thats advertised as an NS but the compliance plate starts with NT
I was wondering if any other Pajero owners could help me on what model this is
Cheers Cris

20130921_174516 - Copy.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I'm guessing it is an NT. (slightly quieter and more powerful engine too).
My old NS was one of the last built and was registered 30/10/08. So built some months prior.
Post your question on Victorian pajero club site and you'll get the definitive answer.
Cheers
Andrew

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
G'day @Aussiecris, reading the plate i would say that it's a NT. Also would say that it's one of the first of the model by the date. One of the advantages of the NT over NS is they have less issues with the DPF that has caused some issues in past. As @twscoot has suggested look on the Pajero club forum, you may get a definate answer on that. Great tugs either way. Just remember to watch your weights with your van. We have a TD auto and are really happy with it. There are couple of things that could be better for us, but every car has it's issues.
Overall would happily recommend one.
Cheers
greynt

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
Thanks everyone
Excellent advice, I put the question on the Victorian Pajero club site
and the simplest solution was returned
If there is a keyhole in the rear door its an NS no keyhole its a NT
Theres no keyhole so NT it is
Looks like I've bought a new tug
Thanks again
Cheers Cris

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Good luck Chris

There a great tug and if its advertised as a NS t may be priced as one? Just watch for rust in the tips of the rear doors under the rubber. If its there MM would most likley still fix it. Other than that get the tranny oil changed and its good to go.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Good luck Chris

There a great tug and if its advertised as a NS t may be priced as one? Just watch for rust in the tips of the rear doors under the rubber. If its there MM would most likley still fix it. Other than that get the tranny oil changed and its good to go.
Haven't heard about the rust in rear doors, is that a warranty issue?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep sort of, they will fix it but its there choice to either repair or replace, typical MM they mostly go for repair!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey @Aussiecris
I would be interested to know how your new tug goes. Im in the market shortly and am looking at either a late model Pajero or late model Prado. I seem to be able to to get a later model Paj with more than i can prado so its pretty tempting. I just know very little about them.
Can you give me any tips on what to look out for when buying one?
Cheers mate
Ants

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
Good luck Chris

G'day Jim
It was advertised as an NS and well priced so you could imagine my excitement when I opened the bonnet to read the letters NT
It must be one of the first NT'S sold first rego Jan 09
I Might start a new post with my new tug to show it of like a proud new parent

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
G'day Ants
I let you Know how it goes. At the moment I can't stop smiling every time I put my foot down
I went from a NL 2.8 manual 0-100 in 3 days to NT auto 0-100 in about 11 seconds feels like an F1 car
Cheers Cris

Reactions: Antman and Burnsy

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
G'day Ants
I let you Know how it goes. At the moment I can't stop smiling every time I put my foot down
I went from a NL 2.8 manual 0-100 in 3 days to NT auto 0-100 in about 11 seconds feels like an F1 car
Cheers Cris

You are going to have to update your signature to show your new car! Looking forward to hearing more about it.
Cheers
Ants