Outdoor caravan chairs

Jan 24, 2012
adelaide
hi all,wife and i have crook backs so choosing the best quality chairs is pretty important.Once i have a few beers i can sit there 4 a while and its nice 2 b able 2 get up again rather than go thru all the brands i thought it would b quicker and easier to ask the forum.If you reacon youve got the rolls royce of chairs can u let me no please from what ive seen the upper type ones r about $120ish? thanks

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hmm....
I can truly say that I have the best chairs available.
But then again, my father would say his chairs are the best. He thinks mine are crap. Obviously I think the same of his....
So I actually think a chair is a personal preference and you need to sit in them and find one that works for you.
I don't know if you have any plans to come over to Melbourne, but the caravan show has stacks of these and you can walk around trying every chair until you find something that suits.
One thing to think about though is where you store them when traveling. Mine sit under the table flat. I do wish I had a compartment that I could fit these in.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My comfy chairs are like deck chairs so are awkward to carry but they just lay flat in the back of the fourby and stuff gets packed on top. They are not the best to sit at a table to eat so we do have a pair of normal camp chairs but camp chairs aren't suitable for my afternoon 'poppy nap'. :behindsofa:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
We have the OZ Trail sun chairs. WE got them for $99 each at Batemans at crissy time. They are gold, they recline to the point where they are a bed. not to bad for sitting at the table, but we have a set of normal chairs for that purpose

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We use "Companion" chairs.

Bought from the Caravan Super Centre in Melbourne but most camping / caravn stores would stock them - about $120 each I think.

Quite comfy.

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Brad, check out the Caravan show in Adelaide later this month. There will be plenty to choose from there. At least you will be able to "test drive" them at the show & hopefully pick up a bargain.
We have the fold up deck chair type with adjustable back. Think they maybe Coleman?? Very good just tilt the arm rests & position the back of the chair where you what. Like everything else I think it's personal choice.

Good luck, would like to know what you settle on, as there could be something better out there that we haven't seen yet.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We have a couple of the Coleman high back chairs the ones where you lift the arms and they recline very comfy, however they are very bulky and had to carry them on the floor under the table which in turm became a pain in the butt if you wanted a road side lunch stop or quick overnight stop, got sick of duck shuving them from a to b and back again, also wanted something and little more compact/lighter that we can also use should we do some tenting at any time, so recently picked up acouple of Oztrail folding bag chairs. though my back is a bit iffy from time to time they are not to bad, not as good for my daddy nap though.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My travelling mate has two of these and they are the most comfotable chairs to sit in (and nap in). They fold up to a bundle less than 10cm diam and about 1 metre long, as light as anything and easily set up. I have been trying to find them locally with no success and the only place on the web is a company in the US who has been out of stock for months

Lafuma-chair.jpg Lafuma-chair-folded.jpg

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
we have a his and hers set of camping style recliners which are so comfortable only set back there so big and bulky even when flat

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I have a 'Wild Country' from Rays. Nothing special, $50-60 I think, but it is more comfortable for my back better than most, and still copes with my over-weightedness. In others, after sitting in them for an hour or so, can be painful to get up again.
So, as above, I'll echo the 'personal comfort choice' and 'try as many as possible'. The cost isn't always an indicator of whats best (although I did have a budget :))

Jan 24, 2012
adelaide
thanks thats a good bunch to test drive theres an outdoor caravan show thingy @ the end of the month here in adelaide we will put them to the test sounds like most of you have 2 chairs each good idea!

Jan 24, 2012
adelaide
hi all ended up going with oz trail king kakoda same as Captain Gadgets.Tried all i could find at the adelaide show the stall had sold out so shes couriering them to my address for free,on special for $99 each