Our Travel Pad...16.49-3B - Sort of...

what toe

Aug 23, 2010
Perth, WA
Back to some outside stuff

Lift up platform (underneath). Here you can see the gas struts and the amount of extra storage i have gained as well as improving the length of the van and quad storage. In here i keep a few shades, the floor mat, washing line, weberq trolley and WDH bars when not using. Lately i have been putting the front bed fly in here as its rubbing on the van during travel.

One mistake i did make with this, is that it isnt well sealed between the drawbar and underside of platform so it tends to let dust in. I could rectify this with a welded member inline with the drawbar and a rubber/foam seal. Just havnt had the time lately.

img1137d.jpg

My woofy, Indy, decided she wanted to help with some mods when out bush, and chewed thru my breakaway power, and my trailer plug lead.GRRR!!!

img1127zp.jpg

PS sorry for crap phone pics

mike007

Aug 8, 2011
Mate fantastic setup. Would love to see some piccies and info on your wind generator that you are working on.

Cheers
Mike

what toe

Aug 23, 2010
Perth, WA
Will do
Still a work in progress but the theory is all there. I have bought the unit and most of the wiring. I need to get a regulator and some of the steel and weld up some mountings and then find a 5 minute gap to scratch my butt. Then i'll put it all together with a write up as well.
Cheers again

what toe

Aug 23, 2010
Perth, WA
Hey everyone

Well i think the time has come to part with the beloved shack on wheels. Im thinking of selling, so was hoping you guys might be able to help me with a sale price...im thinking between 40-45 let me know what you reckon.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Mate, awesome van/mods. Best expanda I have seen to date for sure..

I notice you have it for sale - if not to much trouble before it go's, Could you please post some detailed pics of the rear bar, specifically from under the van on how it is attached etc. to the chassis and what steel thickness it is.

Thanks mate. Good luck with the sale