Our New Van

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
We picked up the New Coromal 647s on Friday. Very happy with it. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on caravan covers. We had a Coast to Coast RV cover for our expanda and it seemed to let the dust get on the van and with the easterly winds we get, it caused marks on the side of the van where it rubbed. Are there any options better then this.
Thanks Russty
7085-566116.jpg
7085-774299.jpg
7085-294345.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Had a Prestige cover on ours with no major probs.... Did get a bit of dust on the top but not too much. No marks on the van from rubbing but it was reasonably sheltered from the winds we get (Especially the sea breeze from the west being close to the coast)

Reactions: bigcol

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
Thanks we are really happy with the inside too. We hadn't found a Coromal before with an interior we liked but the new finishes they are releasing now we are very impressed.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
x 2 for the Aldi one, had ours for 1 year, a couple of small rips, but mostly pretty good. Good price, thinking of getting another one for a spare.

PS - Nice van - I like the layout !

Reactions: Russty

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Love the new van! Great layout and love the triple bunk (*drools in envy*). Is there an ensuite in there? Enjoy your shakedown trip. Anywhere planned yet? Can't comment on a cover but thanks for the Aldi heads up as we will need one for our new van come June.

Reactions: bigcol and Russty

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
Thanks G Daddy and FiveOnAVan. We have been suprised looking around that a majority of vans are only 2 berths. I guess couples who don't have kids anymore must be the biggest market. We are lucky that even though our youngest is now 17 the kids are still happy to come away with us. The shower and toilet are to the left of the bunks.
Unfortunately being in WA I will have to wait a bit longer before I can buy a cover from Aldi. I don't think they open here until mid year but the prices of the cover os good

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
Thanks bigcol. I will keep Toodyay in mind. I haven't checked if I'm working easter yet.
Have to agree DLT. We love the layout. It has everything we wanted and even though it is 21.5 feet ( our expanda was 14.5) it is alot smoother to tow then the expanda was and seems to need less grunt to get moving.

Reactions: DLT and bigcol

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
Yes the set up time should be pretty quick certainly quicker then our old expanda although we had an annex on the expanda but haven't got one for the Coromal yet. I do like the Dometic annexes though and think I will get one soon. Nice and light and smaller sections which make them easy to put up.

Reactions: DLT and bigcol

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nice work on the new van, we've been using the new Adco cover so far so good, its almost 12 mths old now, it did end up with a small hole where the jack mount points at the wheel arch rubbed on it, patched those and coverd the jack points and all good

Russty

Feb 3, 2016
WA
Thanks Bushman. I think I've decided to give the adco cover a go. I'm still a little concerned because they look very similar to the coast to coast cover we had on the Expanda but i know what to look out for now so if it does start to rub I will pick it up earlier. I think our trouble is being in the perth foot hills, the easterly winds we get are super strong( I know when our house was built there was a specification to clip the roof tiles more then other area's) but the neighbors tree drops nectar on the van and the winds coat the van in dust in a night so we do need a cover. I did notice that the Expanda did seem to get dusty even though I washed it before putting the cover on. I may need to remove the cover and wash it more frequently.

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi @Russty Just got an aldi cover for $99.00. Coast 2Coast has lasted three years coming upto easter, which seems to be a good effort, those adco look the goods, we'll see how cheap and nasty last.