Our New "Amanda The Expanda" 2011 16.49-3B OB

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
G'day Everyone well I have been pretty slack, but here she is our "Amanda the Expanda" as apptly named by my wife. She is pretty much standard 16.49-3B with a couple of extras, namely the LCD TV, Wind up Wingard antenna, larger Firdge, external shower, and other things that I can remember but will put on later on.......oh hang on yeah the bed end Privacy flys, thats about it.

We picked her 27 Jan from Watson Caravan in Coffs Harbour and I must say I was impressed with the service that was provided by all of the guys, there espically with the weather at that time.

We had to make the mad dash from Coffs Harbour before everything was flooded in an with some of the high waters in and around Kempsey and Nambucca heads.

We went with the 16.49-3B because of the great layout. We found so much space compared to our Dove which we traded in, and totally loved the convience of the toilet at night espcially with a 5 year old girl who tends to get the number 1 urges at around midnight when camping for some reason?????? but with the dinette being a good size for the 3 of us plus a couple of the daughters friend when they come camping as well it all works out nicely. but most notiably tipped our decision to getting our Expanda was not only the convience and ease of setup but the aircon attached to the unit as we found in the dove in Adelaide during xmas/new years that 30 degree nights are really not that comfortable with the hot air blowing through and the lid of the camper shook terribly at night limiting sleep for myself and the wife as we are quite light sleepers to begin with some something sturdy and airconditoned with an easy setup was a must and since we had dealt with Jayco before and loved the Dove(though just not during those windy hot nights might I add but it wasn't her fault) we decided to go with the expanda.

Anyway here are some Pics of the new addition.

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics and soon with some stolen ideas my mods will begin in the near future.

Have a good one and look forward to seeing your pics of your family addition/investment and reading all about your trips and adventures.

Regards

Thirstyviv (Rob Marama)

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
G'day Guys and Gals,
Thanks for the welcomes and congrats it is very much appreicated, and I hope to have a good report on our first outing which will be in Easter unfortunately(Man it seems so long away ATM) but due to work it is the earliest I can get a break.

Congratulations. That top pic looks more like a jetstar add to me. :)

Brad your not wrong with that one... oh and thats at the top of my jump by the way......tic.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Regards

Thirstyviv(Rob Marama)