Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Getting closer to life on the road, 3 months of work left, 15 days to pack/sell all our goodies here then on the boat to the big island for one massive adventure for "who knows how long".
Yes, there will be times we need to work to top up the funds but hopefully they come in the form of house sitting stations, caravan park work etc.
We have 10 days to get from Melb to Miles Qld where we will celebrate chrissy with family, then we're booked into Q tower at surfers paradise for a week in feb, after that we're free as birds.
We want to go as far north as Elim Beach but dont want to be around Nth Qld in cyclone season so will doodle about till thats over.
Owwwww, the butter flies are building

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
My god I count wait till our travel plan sounds like that we're a couple of years away from that though. If you head to the south west I've got a spot in my driveway your welcome to for a couple of day.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Got out for a few days in van last weekend, first one since winter finished.
Turned water pump on to find it wouldnt prime up, stuffed around for awhile to get air out of system only to find a burst pipe under van(frost split it), cut hose and kinked off. Back into van to try water to find mixer tap wont stop running. Pulled apart to find a blown seal in it so for rest of weekend we had to turn pump off everytime we finished with water.
After arriving home I went to turn 12v power off to fridge to find switch stuffed and wont turn off. Has always been abit funny but finally died.
So spent last week repairing hoses(12mm push on airline hose conectors), replaced mixer and waiting for 12v switch(ordered 4, plenty of spares).
Still had a great weekend and easy fixes.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Just had our last camp in Tassie before we head off touring the mainland for 12+ months mid next month.
Hooked fridge up day before and noticed temp was hetting hotter, not colder. Last time we were away the 12v switch melted on way home and was replaced. Tried fridge on 12v and switch heated up to point of melting
New Dometic 2350 fridge on order which is the replacement model for our RM4400.
Also water pressure has been slowly dropping off to the point that showering was a pain so have ordered a new water pump also.
I suppose its better to happen here than on the road.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
View attachment 34287 View attachment 34286
Got the flooring down and fridge door back on with stainless steel front. Like the stainless, dont like the brown fridge surround but im not replacing fridge cause its the wrong colour

Looks tops are you happy with the brush / roller finish?

What did you use as the trim around the lip of the step to hide the join?

Also did you use an edging were the new floor meets the cupboards?

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Very happy with brush finish but my mate who did it was a pro painter for 10 odd years.
The edge around step is just 90 deg alloy edging, it was already there around lino so simply reused it.
The strips just butt up against cupboards etc. they can be stuck down but ive layed them pretty tight fit and they stay put.

Reactions: expanda and bigcol

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Ok, new fridge is in, a Dometic 2350, Ive since heard that this fridge is useless in the tropics
Ours is marked ST for sub tropical which is ment to handle temps to 36 deg C.
After doing some research on proper venting, Ive made a deflector plate to fit above the fridge which directs air out the vent not letting it circulate around fridge cavity. I am also making a insulation bat 'sausage' to fit down beside fridge to also stop air circulating around fridge.
Finally Ive wired in a computer fan to draw air through and out top vent. I didnt go the automatic setup but simply fitted a on/off switch to fridge control panel

Reactions: bigcol