Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

So, paintings finished(yee haa), still gotta lay new vinyl on floor and I have a sheet of stainless steel im putting on fridge door.
Very happy with end result.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Moto Mech that looks great, I'm convinced now, going to get a quote on new doors and draw faces, I have figured out how to slide a new panel into fridge door (I think) and shower door. Our timber has such a thin paper wood finish I wouldn't be surprised if the weight of the paint would make it fall off, but we will see, cheers

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
I put stainless sheet on fridge door today, 3 screws out of bottom of door and bottom panel comes off, slide ply panel out and new sheet in. Ive siliconed each corner in to hold it in place. Time will tell if i like the stainless as I forgot how easy it marks.
New flooring going in to, ill get some pics later in week.

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Not a great pic but this is the new floor paneling, just sitting in place yet, also going to remove some carpet and take paneling back a little closer to shower
Think I might a white kick panel around base of seats too as this area seems to get a beating

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
you bugger, I ordered all new internal doors and draw fronts today in white melamine panelling with 2mm plastic edging ($195) now to start painting the cupboards. Everyone tells me I'm mad painting a 2 year old van, but, it's so much cheaper than spending 20 - 30 grand updating it. It will be exactly what we want when we are finished (like yours) and all will be good (fingers crossed), I think I will just go white for the fridge door as I to have figured out how to remove the wood grain and same for the shower door. I will do a thread like yours once I start, cheers @Moto Mech I recon you have done a great job mate

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Ha, its great fun to do.......
Im near finished thankgoodness, bit of flooring to finish off, repaint bunks right colour white and get a divider curtain made up.
Then its onto the positive air pressure system and then it'll near be time to head off for 12mths travelling

Reactions: DRW and Smirke

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

This is my positive air pressure system im going to trial.
You flip up your roof vent, twist lock the 360cfm blower into bracket and plug into 12v socket. Im going to fit a pod filter onto other end of blower to filter dust. The bracket is lined with foam against the ceiling as well.

Reactions: bigcol