Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anybody doing the clear-views there's a few tricks to assist. When you follow there video to remove it and get to the end when you have to bump it up. Don't go to far as there's a plastic pin in the centre that likes to break! And then get ready for the door trim to drop and the cables will tear the plastic if your not quick. For refitting make sure all the Xmas tree plugs are removed and refitted to the door lining first. To get the window rubber track in I found it easier to have the window down, you can then hook it in . It ll make sense when you see it. Also watch the Xmas tree plug at the top front when starting. It is easily dislodged and or breaks it's mounting when your struggling with the window rubber track. I found after tightening the mirror and leaving for a while it tighten further, I then losened each nut and applied loctite. No way I want those suckers coming loose!

Furthermore in the clear view video they show you having a choice of looms to suit GX /GXL or VX/Sahara but the new mirrors the loom is a double. Great except you need to hide the extra plug. I wrap it in foam and tape to the door because "I ate rattles" but if you don't set it inboard to clear where the door trim recesses to clear the dash the door trim doesn't clip fully in !

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Finally wired up my warn remote. it's a great wireless remote. Won't bother with an incab switch now I think.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
which is..................................?

Cmon, cmon !!!!!!!!

I really didn't want to pull the door trims of again? The speaker in the 200 are pretty average so while the door trims where off I upgraded the speakers in the door and dash to some 6" split Focals not a huge improvement with the stock head unit but when I can the annoying Toyota NAV unit one day they will really shine with some HP behind them! Bloody lot of work though to fit something in. The oem Toyota speaker weighed 300grams!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Couple thousand kms up on the nittos now and I am a big fan. They make no more noise than the Bridgestone ATs did! They ride better, little bit more wandering maybe (there's a lot of rubber there) and having been in a lot of mud and loose stuff so glad I changed. Got bogged with the van at a creek crossing and low range reverse and these got us out. Spent a day driving over mulga and salt bush's near the dog fence with no issues so there bloody tough as well.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Can see I'll have to get more "dirty" pics up 8-) she's been dirty plenty of times but I do like it clean when I can. The avatar pic is of her caked in mud, just the recent trip I managed mud and red dust in the same week!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Cruiser would have eaten it up towing your van in those conditions

Hey Ben yeah it did well especially when we sunk down and weren't going forward low range reverse full noise did it. But you still have to be concious of the conditions and I still rate the Paj as a tug on muddies it would have done well.

Was thinking afterwards about the above, how'd you be with an auto amarok? They have no low range reverse!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Was thinking afterwards about the above, how'd you be with an auto amarok? They have no low range reverse!

Wow, never knew that !!!!!!!! Took one for a spin when I was looking to replace the Jeeperific, really liked it but 2lt, twin turbo was a worry and the tow cap wasn't enough but no LR reverse as well, not good...................trouble with mud and towing is keeping some load on the front wheels.

Reactions: bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Finally decided for its 4th birthday to give it a few mods. Fitted a kaymar bar and single wheel carrier. At the last I decided to stay black rather than colour code as it worked with the black wheels and steps (sort off) biggest pain was colour coding the sensors black !

Long range tank got fitted by ARB . Just don't have the resources to do the tank . More pics to come .

IMG_6689.JPG
IMG_6690.JPG

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
IMG_6692.JPG
IMG_6693.JPG
IMG_6691.JPG

Going to try my fiberglass skills and make a half wheel bucket so I can carry a recovery strap and couple of shackles in the wheel well or a bit of day rubbish or something?

IMG_6694.JPG

Longranger combi tank. 122litres of diesel giving 215litres total and 55 of water in that stainless tank above the fuel.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
out of curiosity, how much extra weight is both of them adding?

I went the long range Aux tank on the Patrol, to keep the weight in the middle

and have been tossing and turning on a rear wheel carrier for a couple of years, function V's weight V's looks.............

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah they add a bit of weight. I can't recall now but I published the weights sometime ago on lcool the kaymar bar itself is not a lot and takes away the vulnerability of the plastic bumper. The wheel carrier was a bit as it's independant of the bar on the 200. The combi tank was the heaviest of all cause it's a stainless tank bonded to the top of the steel tank. Then ofcourse they will be heavier filled. But I use the vehicle as both a tug and weekend fourbie so it's hard. I love the convienence of the water tank and the range for when towing. Not fussed on the inconvenience of the wheel carrier but can't have it all.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, people keep saying that the rear door on the Patrol will sag, from the weight of the wheel on it, so to get a wheel carrier

not happened to me yet (Patrol 18yo) and not keen on adding extra weight over the tow bar as yet

I know you had the GVM upgrade - but I have not done that yet.........

Reactions: dagree