Our 16.49-1

Woodman

Oct 10, 2012
Cairns, QLD
Hi Mate, Nice pic's. With regards to your table did you get Jayco to have the table as a drop down or was that something you did afterwards, looks good.
What do you use to hold it up.

Cheers Rob.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Rob,

Thanks.

I've bought this van second hand, and really not had it for very long. I'm actually not sure whether the table drops down or not. I can check for you later on the weekend and post a reply then. On our first trip with it, I've taken the table out completely, as it provides more room and space. Not sure that I really like the design of the table in the 16.49-1. I am thinking of making something else in its place, just haven't decided what that would look like.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Rob,

I've checked the table in my van over the weekend and I can report that it does not drop down.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Luis

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi AJC,

My Jeep does not have the air suspension. Its a Jeep Laredo without Quadralift air suspension. Not sure what Jeep recommend in regards to using a WDH and Quadralift. I've read some varying reports on some of the Jeep forums that I'm on regarding this.

Cheers

Luis

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Doesn't that model Jeep have air suspension? I thought air suspension cars aren't suppose to run a WDH beaucse it can stuff up the car suspension / computer?

That is certainly the case with Land Rover Discovery and RR Sport.

Not really the case. My understanding of LR is that the engineers believe their suspension system can re-distribute the weight back onto the front axle without the need for a WDH.
My Jeep does have the self levelling air suspension and Jeep recommend using a WDH when towing loads exceeding 2268kg. (This figure is the max towing limit on the V6 petrol engined cars).
Self levelling suspension can level the car when weight is placed on the rear, but it can't put the weight taken off the front wheels back onto the wheels. The is what a WDH does.

I will be using a WDH towing my Expanda with my Jeep.