17' Series Ordered a new 17.56-1OB.

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
Hi All.

Just thought i would introduce myself. My name is Vaughan and my wife and I have ordered a 2014 model 17.56-1OB Expanda. We hope to take delivery on the 25th Feb, from Page Bros in Seaford. The only extras we have ordered is the wind up aerial and privacy screens

We are moving up from a 2009 Swan OB, after being camped next to Panda earlier in the year at Merimbula. We watched them pack up the day before we left and they had it all done before i could of got the poles out of the bag awning...

Really looking forward to the pick up, a little disappointing that we couldn't get the bench top color we wanted, it would of matched the other colors perfectly, apparently it is a "hardtop only" option... So the poptop only gets the choice of 2 colors, both average in my opinion.

We looked at a Panda they had on the lot, but the salesman convinced me to wait, as the 2014 model has a rack of gear that are all extras on the current model, saves me having to add these later on. I'll also be very interested to see how the independent suspension rides.

I am a tinkering sort of guy, so i can see myself adding a few 12v plugs here and there, shelves and lights to the robes, and a 12v water pump (why isn't this standard), i would also like to add a second water tank and a drifter control panel later on down the track...

So... just waiting now....

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome @Vaughan Reeve . You have followed the natural progression that many members have done and for the same reason.

Lots of ideas for mods here and members will be keen to see any you do, so post away with plenty of photos. :photo:

By the way, the van should have a 12V pump as standard.

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
Welcome aboard @Vaughan Reeve . You definitely won't look back. So what are the standard inclusions for the 2014 model?

The upgrades from the 2013 to 2014 i am told are, 100ah battery, 120w solar with 30amp reg, 150lt fridge, led lighting to both tunnel boots and led strip light to awning, 400x400 roof hatch, euro pushout windows, independent coil suspension, upgraded cooking appliance, upgraded door and step, power point to dinette. It also says upgraded furniture edging and decor...

Cant wait to at least see one of the new ones in the flesh...

Reactions: blacky and 17triton

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
Well, the pickup went great, it tows behind the Navara very well. Basically no difference between towing the swan and the Expanda.
Since i owned a late model Swan, most of the handover was not required and we spent the most time on the roll out awning, something i've never had... About 30 minutes in total i suppose, then the paperwork.

I have been packing all of our gear into it today, and the missus wants me to do some shelving for the cupboards asap.

I like the new decals, they look really good, suspension looks awesome too.
The only disappointing thing i have found is that the door step is only a single step, my Swan OB had a double step. Its a bloody long way up to the step from the ground. I think ill try and change it for a double.

I will be doing a shakedown trip next weekend to Yarrawonga, i will get lots of photos then, Its pretty hard to get shots at home.

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
Had a laugh when reading this forum, I also went from a Swan to a 17-56. Their is a lot more space to store bits and pieces also it might sound strange but it's actually easier to tow.