Order placed 16.49.4 OB....now for the wait!!

Laurence

Jan 8, 2012
Pakenham, VIC
After several months of deciding the order has been placed... looking forward to picking up the 16.49.4 OB in August and get travelling.

After plenty of reading of this site and a few tips from some friends we have placed the following order.

16.49.4 OB
Awning
Wall mount A/C
Ext Shower and HWS
Privacy Screens
2nd water tank and gas bottle
Gas Bayonet to rear of van
150 lt Fridge
Extra annex light towards rear of van
Picnic table (Jayco Fitted - getting aftermarket with decals became an effort to try and Negotiate)
Dealer fitter internal LEDS
Exter 12v and 240v points under dining table

After delivery we are looking at getting battery and sunshade, would be interested in finding out what others have found to be a good style of battery to buy and what sort of shades attach to the awning that have worked for others

The Weber Q Baby looks to be the popular choice for cooking and we will most likley buy this since we decided to not go with the slide out BBQ.

We are towing with a 2008 DMAX 4 x 4, if anyone has one of these could I get some info on whether any upgrades where needed to tow this size van.

Well now just to wait......Fill up the esky with cold beer and we will be off.....:dance:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Laurence,

Congratulations, sounds like a nice package. I bought a 100amp gel from battery world (can't remember the brand but it's blue). As far as the sun shade goes I bought mine from Jayco...good range of colours and sizes to suit all awnings, just slide it in the groove and i attatched some bungie cord to the bottom eyelets so you can peg out on an angle to give you more room....works great, and that esky is very important....enjoy mate!

Cheers Burnsy

Laurence

Jan 8, 2012
Pakenham, VIC
Thanks Burnsy
With the gel batt what is the advantage?
Does it charge quicker, smaller?

Also i was looking to see how big Of a batt you can get as i have seen people write about 120 amp?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Laurence,

Not sure of the charge rate with the gels but you can't have a lead acid battery in a confined space indoors as it's not safe (fumes etc).Also the gels and AGM batterys will last allot longer and will handle discharging better. I know people have 120amps in some vans the only downside is you can't get the battery box lid on, but thats not really an issue as long as the battery can't be short circuited.

Cheers :)

Reactions: Laurence