Oops just bought a new van - Sunseeker Golden Child

megcam

After making the age old mistake of going to a caravan show we stumbled across Sunseeker Caravans based in Caloundra. After a bit of wrangling today we signed off on a 19'6 Golden Child. Looks a little like this but with ALKO Enduro Cross Country independent suspension and 16inch rims. Very excited!
sunseeker-golden-child.jpg
sunseeker-golden-child-6.jpg
sunseeker-golden-child-3.jpg
Capture1.JPG

p.s. anyone want to buy a 17.58-3OB? :)

Last edited:

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
After making the age old mistake of going to a caravan show we stumbled across Sunseeker Caravans based in Caloundra. After a bit of wrangling today we signed off on a 19'6 Golden Child. Looks a little like this but with ALKO Enduro Cross Country independent suspension and 16inch rims. Very excited!
View attachment 58280 View attachment 58281 View attachment 58282 View attachment 58283

p.s. anyone want to buy a 17.58-3OB? :)

Looks great!

Funny you should mention it, the same thing happened to us, although we didn't have to go to a caravan show. We sold our 17.58.3 within 10 hours of advertising it after thinking 'I wonder if it would sell quick enough'...

You shouldn't have a trouble selling the starcraft.

We are currently vanless, until next weekend

megcam

We sold our 17.58.3 within 10 hours of advertising it after thinking 'I wonder if it would sell quick enough'...

You shouldn't have a trouble selling the starcraft.

We are currently vanless, until next weekend

Thanks @bloke . Where did you advertise? We now have the other age old problem of need to use the van at new years but also need to make sure it is sold for best price before new one comes.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Best to advertise widely. We did caravancampingsales, facebook groups and gumtree.
Got people from each.
Got idiots from each.. :)
Gumtree you get the I am working on a oil rig give me your details scams :)
You will also get people who would like you to bring it to them to look at :(
Then the lowballers or people who say we can get one new for $10k cheaper then you can you do it cheaper.. :(
You just need to be strong weed through the idiots.
Had the same when I sold a car earlier this year lots of idiots around now you need to weed through.

Before Christmas you get the best $ as people will work out they cannot buy a van new and get it next week.
Although with the Starcraft's getting replaced by Journey's not sure dealers will try to push out their floor stock earlier.
Something to think about if selling next year.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We were going to look at these when we were in Queensland, but didn't get a chance, and they are hard to get in touch with, they seem to build a nice van, interestingly they are built in Melbourne (like most) buy another manufacture who builds to the dealer's specs and design s

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I woud have a Sunseeker in a heart beat, the only reason I don't is because I decided to quit work otherwise I would have one right now, Titanium make a great product and I found Sunseeker really easy to talk to, good luck I know you will enjoy it :)

Reactions: megcam

megcam

Hi @greynt we are liking the van. Not the best preparation for a 6 month trip but we have only been away for a couple of nights so far. Biggest complaint so far is we ordered the van with an A frame mounted bike rack back in November and it wasn't ready when we picked the van up in March. Stupidly we said fair enough and agreed to take the van back to Caloundra to have it fitted in exchange for a basic version of the Jayco 1000km service. Took it back in April - oops not ready again:censored::censored:. It's now almost the end of May and it's still not on :censored: and they don't seem to be making any effort to let us know when it will be sorted. That and a few little unexpected 'variations' between what we thought we were buying and what we got have soured what should be an exciting process. Certainly makes you appreciate the systems and processes Jayco have in place.

Overall quality of the van is good and we really like:
- AL-KO Enduro Cross Country suspension on the FP Chassis
- full height van and extra storage in the top cupboards
- separate toilet and shower
- Evakool 210l compressor fridge
- kitchen space and cabinetry - piano hinges, gas struts and no stupid little Jayco pop out door knobs
- extra 2 feet - it is most notable when outside under the awning. The 17.58-3 always felt cramped with the furniture we had
- queen size bed
- general light and airy feel inside from the big windows and light coloured cabinets

So yeah liking the van just can't recommend Sunseeker unfortunately.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Hi @greynt we are liking the van. Not the best preparation for a 6 month trip but we have only been away for a couple of nights so far. Biggest complaint so far is we ordered the van with an A frame mounted bike rack back in November and it wasn't ready when we picked the van up in March. Stupidly we said fair enough and agreed to take the van back to Caloundra to have it fitted in exchange for a basic version of the Jayco 1000km service. Took it back in April - oops not ready again:censored::censored:. It's now almost the end of May and it's still not on :censored: and they don't seem to be making any effort to let us know when it will be sorted. That and a few little unexpected 'variations' between what we thought we were buying and what we got have soured what should be an exciting process. Certainly makes you appreciate the systems and processes Jayco have in place.

Overall quality of the van is good and we really like:
- AL-KO Enduro Cross Country suspension on the FP Chassis
- full height van and extra storage in the top cupboards
- separate toilet and shower
- Evakool 210l compressor fridge
- kitchen space and cabinetry - piano hinges, gas struts and no stupid little Jayco pop out door knobs
- extra 2 feet - it is most notable when outside under the awning. The 17.58-3 always felt cramped with the furniture we had
- queen size bed
- general light and airy feel inside from the big windows and light coloured cabinets

So yeah liking the van just can't recommend Sunseeker unfortunately.

Hi @megcam glad to hear that you are enjoying the new van, unfortunately there seems to be hurdles with most manufacturers. We are due to get our new van next month, so hopefully no issues, but we bought at the show, so I have no doubt, something will be missed. Yes, we are looking forward to the full height van after having the 17.58-3. The boss is really looking forward to the separate shower and toilet.

Reactions: megcam

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi @megcam great to see you using it, our new van is almost ready and the excitment is quietly building, when you have a chance could you post a picture of the bike rack fitting please, and great to see its finally on