20' Series Noisy Mains water

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hi all we are at Howard CP Qld and this place has high water pressure, when we connected up the hoses and filled the dogs bowl there is a buzzing sound through the water system (pump is off), after a lot of time tracking the noise it sounds like the hose inlet connection which has a one way valve in it is vibrating, i have pulled it out and the spring tension seems ok and there is no dirt in it at all. Next step i bought water pressure reduction to put at the tap still no difference
Im hoping someone can put me in the right direction before i go spending any more money. Regards Pete

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hi Rags none of the above, i found a forum on the Jayco site and it is the inlet none return valve whining, i pulled it out again today and drilled off the internal end plate and now no more noise, its all peaceful again, thanks Pete

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Our squealed because the O ring on the non return inside the mains connection came out of the seat, and was jammed half sideways inside the fitting

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, best way is to take out the PRV, remove all the loose bits and then replace the PRV, the reducer will still keep the pressure down, throw the bits in the bin and fit a Guest NRV in line close to inlet.

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Thanks Drover thats exactly what ive done and i have bought a 300kpa Pope Prv $10:50 which goes on the tap before the hose if the pressure seems to high in the park Pete