Newbie BaseStation owner from WA

Colinti

Oct 18, 2011
Perth WA
Well the BaseStation is half Expanda, half garage. Had it for 3 weeks, 2009, a 22ft on road model with all the options.
We are in the northern suburbs of Perth. We have five kids so the space is great and we have six motor bikes which all fit....just.
I have already underslung the axles and will be putting larger offroad tires on it very soon.
Does any other members have basestations and what modifications if any have been done.

Colin.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Your the 1st Base Station to join Colin and :welcome: as for mods go I reckon they would be failrly similar to what people have done to there Expandas, and there is plenty of great ideas to confuse you :thumb:

Your right they are 1/2 an Expanda :dance: I've never thought of them like that.
We considered a Work'n'Play before settling on our Expanda

Dont forget we like Pics on here too!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I know they don't have "Expanda" written on them but they have as many fold out beds as the 14.44-3 and the 18.57-6 so that makes them OK by me!

Welcome!

Colinti

Oct 18, 2011
Perth WA
Thanks for the welcomes, attached are some photos before and after undersling plus one with the 5 bikes; 2 140 pitbikes, 1 450 race quad, RM 250 and a KLX 250. I welded 15mm pad to top of axles to utilize all the ubolt thread and got a measured 100mm increase in lift, very happy.
My tug (slug) is a 4.5 Patrol on gas. It definitly nows it's on the back and the fuel diminishes quickly as well but I new that. A turbo is on the cards or a Duramax conversion.

Attachments

• before undersling.JPG
    before undersling.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 253
  • undersling 100mm lift.JPG
    undersling 100mm lift.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 5 bikes 2.7m garage.JPG
    5 bikes 2.7m garage.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 273