18' Series New wheels

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
After under slinging my 18.57.7 and adding shocks, I'm not liking the new look on the 14 inch wheels. Besides genuine Jayco's, are there any other options on 15x7's that will go straight on with No back spacing issues. Also, my compliance plate indicates 14inch rims fitted, if l notify my insurer are there any issues legally going to 15's. There are just almost no tyre choices in 14. Will probably have to buy longer drop down jacks now going to a 235/75 as it will have significant lift from what was.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I upped the rims on my old 14.44 the way I sorted out rim size was to measure from the face of the hub to the chassis, subtract 25mm and that gave me the size I needed for rim off set, then with a straight edge across the side of the rim measured to the inside face of rim, to find the diameter of the rim with tyre I went to .http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html ..............and used the calculator to find the size........I think the rims I got where Nissan 6 stud rims with a 1140 kg LR.

I doubt any need to advise insurer, they would probably have no idea what your talking about, so long as the new stuff is of a higher rating.

Reactions: bigcol