New van ordered

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
Our 17.56-2OB sold a few days before Christmas and today we pulled the trigger on a new van. All going to plan it may be done by Easter but that's a big fat "May" and knowing my luck, it will be just after!

With our dream caravan spec in tow, we went to "On the move" vans. Soon after, we realized that our dreams were bigger then our budget and had to scale back a few luxury items.

In saying that, its still a well spec'ed van.

We chose an offroad van, full height, island bed, triple bunks with separate toilet and shower/washing machine and pretty much spared no expense on electronics with the following:

Vansat auto satellite dish with built in decoder
Xantrex 1800w auto inverter
Xantrex 60A 240v charger this optional control panel
Tristar 45A MPPT solar charger
Enerdrive E-Pro BMS
LCD water tank gauges
600w of solar
360Ah of batteries
Generator slide
Compressor fridge
Full fusion sound system and out door tv station
Permanently installed foxtel box
RVD/RCD unit
Dometic/Truma air heater
Also ESC

Overall, looking forward to it especially the outside look. We have gone for green mags (see attached) and green van graphics to set it apart for the rest and to match the ski boat.

Will post pics after the big day
2658.jpg

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Camped next to a family over Xmas that had an on the move, looked good, he was happy

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Wow, I like those rims. I want some for the panda! Love the look of those vans. Something to consider when the kids are too big to come with us.

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
Took a day trip to Melbourne from brisbane today, and now it's all signed up a colours chosen. Picking the colours is not easy and not that fun when you have to agree with the wife. She ended up picking inside colours and I did exterior colours

Reactions: cruza driver

Leechy

Jan 24, 2015
Kilmore vic
Our 17.56-2OB sold a few days before Christmas and today we pulled the trigger on a new van. All going to plan it may be done by Easter but that's a big fat "May" and knowing my luck, it will be just after!

With our dream caravan spec in tow, we went to "On the move" vans. Soon after, we realized that our dreams were bigger then our budget and had to scale back a few luxury items.

In saying that, its still a well spec'ed van.

We chose an offroad van, full height, island bed, triple bunks with separate toilet and shower/washing machine and pretty much spared no expense on electronics with the following:

Vansat auto satellite dish with built in decoder
Xantrex 1800w auto inverter
Xantrex 60A 240v charger this optional control panel
Tristar 45A MPPT solar charger
Enerdrive E-Pro BMS
LCD water tank gauges
480w of solar
360Ah of batteries
Generator slide
Compressor fridge
Full fusion sound system and out door tv station
Permanently installed foxtel box
RVD/RCD unit
Dometic/Truma air heater
Also ESC

Overall, looking forward to it especially the outside look. We have gone for green mags (see attached) and green van graphics to set it apart for the rest and to match the ski boat.

Will post pics after the big day
View attachment 29577
Hey Andrew not a bad choice Lenny is a good mate of mine he certainly builds a good caravan jam packed with goodies

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Took a day trip to Melbourne from brisbane today, and now it's all signed up a colours chosen. Picking the colours is not easy and not that fun when you have to agree with the wife. She ended up picking inside colours and I did exterior colours

Colours! ya got that right, think my head was spinning when we finished with interior colours just so many to pick from, luckily the better half knew roughly what she wanted, and the young lady from the dealership was pretty switched on with making suggestions and putting it all together, looking at different display vans (at a show) to get ideas. Then there was the exterioro_O.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Love the in progress build shots! Really shows the attention to detail these guys are going to. Not to mention a bit of a learning experience for those a little more "inexperienced" in caravan building...

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Wow, the amount of electrical wiring is huge. I knew there was always a lot, but never really visualized it before. Exciting!

Reactions: bigcol