Starcraft New Van Ordered...

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
went to a life style show at Hervey Bay today (got sunburnt) spoke to one of the caravan sales teams and they sold 6 vans yesterday and expet the same today, there were maybe 5 different companies there, one must ask where do they all go???
Anyway @Billrw136 cough up the details, my future son in law works for the mob near you.

Reactions: Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
After much tooing and froing we have stayed with Jayco. Anne and I have ordered a ..........
Starcraft 20.62-2 OB - single beds, TL option (fibreglass sides like Expandas and Journeys with leatherette - gray in our case) - 16 inch wheels, 150 watt solar, extended drawer bar, magnolia cupboard doors, washing machine, cafe dinette, folding table, drifter control panel, picnic table, Dometic harrier aircon.
It is only a tad longer than the Journey (well maybe 3 tads!) and will give us much more comfort during longer trips we hope to take next year (yes, Dave - you and Carmel may have visitors).
We considered a number of other brands all of which were a fair bit more money. The two Jaycos we have had have served us well so.........
Bill

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Congrats Bill that sounds like a nice van coming your way mate! I will gladly take the 17-55 off your hands. Just the bit more space was required or had enough of the poptop as well?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Congrats Bill that sounds like a nice van coming your way mate! I will gladly take the 17-55 off your hands. Just the bit more space was required or had enough of the poptop as well?
Hi mate - bit of both - we decided we wanted a bit more room plus my shoulders (R esp.) are not too brilliant at the moment (moral of the story perhaps don't build a granny flat at my age!). The thought of being able to stop for the night and do nothing except open the door was appealing as well. Also Anne broke her wrist and required surgery - the recovery from this is very long - hand therapy weekly at the moment.
Anyway life goes on - we are very much looking forward to some great trips next year. Van not due till end of November.
Bill

DRW

May 29, 2013
Good stuff Billy boy, I can appreciate the open the door and sit thing, as I said we looked at vans on the weekend, may need to find a job before looking further, :(

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Good stuff Bill yeah we were discussing this recently and for the longer trips you just need that bit extra lounging room We think. And a big yes to no more popping the roof. I reckon we will try and get a few of the more rugged trips out of the way with this van and cruiser and then get a larger more sedate van with maybe a yank tug for that more armchair ride :) good luck with it

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Good stuff Bill yeah we were discussing this recently and for the longer trips you just need that bit extra lounging room We think. And a big yes to no more popping the roof. I reckon we will try and get a few of the more rugged trips out of the way with this van and cruiser and then get a larger more sedate van with maybe a yank tug for that more armchair ride :) good luck with it
Thanks Jim - yes very much looking forward to getting it in November...
Next year has to be the year when the van is used a lot. GF should be sorted returning us a modest income...
Must do the Spain trip also that we had to cancel because of Anne's wrist fracture...

Reactions: achjimmy

DRW

May 29, 2013
hahaha Bill, there is a local fisherman who has a nick name Pinocchio and I am the only one ever to get away with calling hime that, in fact I bought him a Pinocchio card for his 40th, he is probably older than me now but he still mentions it lol