New Tug NT Pajero

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
G'day all
Just thought I would share some of my excitement of our new (to us) NT Pajero
It was advertised as a fairly well priced NS Exceed in a dealer so you could imagine my excited to learn its an NT
Its the flashiest car I've ever owned has lots of gadgets, except a coffee maker ( or at least I haven't found it yet )
Even has a long ranger tank fitted.
Picked it up yesterday an dove over 100km and the trip computer said only 8.2l per 100 (hope thats correct)
Off to Wooli on Saturday for Its maiden voyage ( only 3 more sleeps ) can't wait.
now the hunt for all the extras begins (Bullbar,Lights,Uhf.......The list goes on)
Cheers Cris 20130924_175417-1.jpg 20130925_065020-1.jpg 20130924_175407-1.jpg 20130925_065004-1.jpg 20130924_180325-1.jpg

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
G'day all
Just thought I would share some of my excitement of our new (to us) NT Pajero
It was advertised as a fairly well priced NS Exceed in a dealer so you could imagine my excited to learn its an NT
Its the flashiest car I've ever owned has lots of gadgets, except a coffee maker ( or at least I haven't found it yet )
Even has a long ranger tank fitted.
Picked it up yesterday an dove over 100km and the trip computer said only 8.2l per 100 (hope thats correct)
Off to Wooli on Saturday for Its maiden voyage ( only 3 more sleeps ) can't wait.
now the hunt for all the extras begins (Bullbar,Lights,Uhf.......The list goes on)
Cheers CrisView attachment 17300 View attachment 17301 View attachment 17302 View attachment 17303 View attachment 17304

Epic find, best bet is people looking for an NT who may have snapped it up didn't look at it :)!

Even has the long range tank!!!

Nice rig!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Very nice Cris! Just have to keep the kids out so they don't dirty that beautiful interior!

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
Thanks Everyone
Couldn't help myself I had to hook the van on today and go around the block
Wow unbelievable when I got home I was scared to look in the van in fear of everything being bunched down the back from the acceleration. Even reversing is easier with the much better steering lock
This holiday can't come fast enough
20130925_142848.jpg

Frosty

Jul 19, 2013
Redlands, S.E.Q.
Nice looking truck... Very jealous & just the thing we will be looking for when it's time to upgrade the ol NM. Happy motoring.

Cheers, Frosty.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Nice ride. Had an NS for five years and they are a great vehicle.
Just a tip from the photo of the longbrange tank. Turn the trailer plug around and mount it on top of the steel plate. Saves it from being ripped off when coming out of a steep gulley!
Cheers and safe driving.
Andrew

Reactions: Nemesis and Antman

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
After a week in Wooli by the river, We're Back
A couple of hectic days prior to leaving ( Had to wire Anderson plug, Build a boat loader for the roof and fit a Ipod cable for the daughter)
The new tug was faultless, an absolute pleasure to drive
3 Adults 2 kids boat, motor and a caravan, It comfortably sat on 100kph even up most hills
I can't believe I've waited all these years to buy an auto. Not once did I reach for the clutch or gear stick
The only gripe that I have is with the fancy touch screen MMCS and the $75 genuine Mitsubishi Ipod cable (that I had to remove half the dash to fit and doesn't even charge your Ipod) Is as soon as the car goes over about 5kph the ability to select a song, Make a bluetooth phone call or set your destination in the gps disappears ( I know its a 1st world problem)
We averaged around 16 to 17l/100klm which I though was pretty good seeing how much I was up it on the hills
Wooli was nice, Large sites with trees between all of them. The river is pristine very relaxing, The fish don't even bother you by getting hooked on your line (I don't think I could catch them with dynamite)
We stopped at Harrington Big 4 on the way home and it was packed (It is a long weekend, I guess that should be expected) We only stayed 1 night due to smoke from local bush fires.
Back home now in reality dreaming of the next trip, I think South Coast is next I haven't taken the kids south yet.
Cheers Cris

20130928_075437b.jpg 20130930_123026b.jpg 20130929_091206b.jpg 20130929_091148b.jpg 20130926_214515b.jpg

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
After a week in Wooli by the river, We're Back
A couple of hectic days prior to leaving ( Had to wire Anderson plug, Build a boat loader for the roof and fit a Ipod cable for the daughter)
The new tug was faultless, an absolute pleasure to drive
3 Adults 2 kids boat, motor and a caravan, It comfortably sat on 100kph even up most hills
I can't believe I've waited all these years to buy an auto. Not once did I reach for the clutch or gear stick
The only gripe that I have is with the fancy touch screen MMCS and the $75 genuine Mitsubishi Ipod cable (that I had to remove half the dash to fit and doesn't even charge your Ipod) Is as soon as the car goes over about 5kph the ability to select a song, Make a bluetooth phone call or set your destination in the gps disappears ( I know its a 1st world problem)
We averaged around 16 to 17l/100klm which I though was pretty good seeing how much I was up it on the hills
Wooli was nice, Large sites with trees between all of them. The river is pristine very relaxing, The fish don't even bother you by getting hooked on your line (I don't think I could catch them with dynamite)
We stopped at Harrington Big 4 on the way home and it was packed (It is a long weekend, I guess that should be expected) We only stayed 1 night due to smoke from local bush fires.
Back home now in reality dreaming of the next trip, I think South Coast is next I haven't taken the kids south yet.
Cheers Cris

View attachment 17522 View attachment 17523 View attachment 17524 View attachment 17525 View attachment 17527

Looks awesome @Aussiecris
Thanks for the write-up. we were up that way at Woolgoolga. Didn't really notice the fires while there but saw some serious looking smoke on the way home. I spent most of the drive listening to the water bombers on the UHF on the way home.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
G'day @Aussiecris, we have a NT the same as you but not the Exceed model, the GLX instead. I have changed the stereo for a DigOptions unit, which i have found really good, and SWMBO loves having a GPS etc. Uses the standard steering wheel controls as well. Has an I-pod cable that not only charges but you can also change songs etc with it. Really helpful with their service and questions as well. Maybe an option for you in the future if required. Don't know if you have been told as well that the best economy that other Paj owners get when towing is driving in manual and staying in 4th not 5th as this is an overdrive gear and not really designed for towing in. We got similar figures towing our panda, 16-17ltrs/100. I'm the same as you mate, have a lot of extras that i want to do, but at least you are ahead already with the long range tank, great bonus.
Cheers
greynt

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Congrats on a great looking tug. Very jealous as I'm still running an NP paj as a tug, it's so thirsty a long range tank would be ideal! Nice to know the NT handles the load well. Have fun with adding jewellery to it.

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
Thanks Everyone
Good news I purchased an adapter of ebay $12 that goes between the ipod and the chord and it now charges (Yay)
@greynt I must be getting old, I had to google SWMBO ( I like it )
I found a kit online that plugs in the back of the radio to fool it that you are traveling @ 2kph so it works all the time
so thats on the list too

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Nice work @Aussiecris glad you have found something to sort out your charging issues.
SWMBO... Don't feel bad, I had no idea when i saw it at first either:) Thats the great thing about this site, you can learn so much more than just panda info.
Cheers
greynt

Last edited: