new to Panda

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Thanks Alex, diesel heater will bo on my list fairly soon. Still getting my head around navigating the forum, is there a quick way of actually getting to your ( or anybody else's) posts?

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
PW I just finished install of the heater after a lap of inland central Oz with subzero overnight temps!!!
The only way I know of finding the posts is to click onto my profile pic and then go to recent activity or posts -- other long time members might be of more help. I've fitted extra solar panel and extra battery, blower to pressurise van off road,fan to improve fridge cooling, extra spare wheel heater, tool box,Stone Stomper and done some rock proofing of wiring etc under.

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
You have been busy! I probably won't do too much to start with. I do have a pole carrier ready to fit, and may locate spare wheel to rear bar. Of course, I will spend the first weekend underneath sealing all the holes/ gaps around pipe work. Probably need to install some pantry shelves or do something to make the cupboards more useable too.

Found how to access your posts, you are correct.... click on profile and then on posts. Much easier to follow what is going on now.

Reactions: alexvk2

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
awe shucks
I have my moments..................... apparently.............

I have seen over the years on lots of forums, many many good people get "stomped on" for questions or for their replies
thankfully, this forum pretty much "self regulates" itself as is, I think most are sick of the in-fighting and back-biting that happens on other forums
and all the members have made this the forum that it is

I would like to think I am grown up enough to be able to listen to someones point of view, and refrain from biting their head off if I dont agree with them...........
in other words, if I would not or cannot say it to their face - why say it at all...............

everyone has a different view and priority on life
last time I looked, my name was not Jehovah......so I dont get to judge

You have been pretty kind to me @bigcol , so I would agree with you completely. @Papa Whiskey , welcome to a world of very useful information on just about any topic!!

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Reactions: Boots in Action

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
never be afraid to ask any questions

unlike some forums, we do not nitpick words or there meanings
nor condemn people for their thoughts feeling or interpretations
Unless of course there is really inappropriate, naughty or juvenile humour to be found among it :D

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the friendly forum @Papa Whiskey, as you have probably noticed, there is a lot of banter but also a feast of good information here. It sounds like you will have a lot to contribute as well, something to look forward to.

We have just finished a 3 month trip to the cape and would have loved some of your tips on the Daintree, and maybe @Ren77 will have some questions for you as they are heading that way soon.

You will love the 14 footer, I'm sure, as we had a 14-44-3 before our Journey and did WA ,Tassie, Cameron Corner and many other places in it.

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Hi chartrock. I spent 9 months as a tour guide out of Port Douglas, so regular trips to Mossman Gorge and all the way to Cape Tribulation. Would you believe I even drove a bus load of passengers ( Toyota coaster) across the Bloomfield track to Coooktown.... that one was quite an adventure!!!

The 14 ft is going to be perfect for us ( only self and wife). I have owned bigger vans, but we wanted something to get into more places .... like most of us, we spend most of our time outside anyway so it is just a mobile bedroom, en-suite and occasional kitchen if the weather is too bad. It arrives mid October and looking forward to first "shake down" trip.