new to Panda

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Hi all, I have read most of the posts on this forum so decided it was about time I joined! I have just entered "retirement" so have decided to treat myself to a totally new rig .... Pajero Sport (5 seater GLX) and Panda 14-44-5, both for delivery in October. Can hardly wait. I am actually a long term camper/ caravanserais and have owned a few camper trailers and both Aussie and European vans. The Panda seems to be a perfect match between camper and full size van and will be perfect for myself and HWMBO to get to see more of this great land. I am getting some of the " fruit" on the van; TV, radio, storm cover, Aussiewide annex and the obligatory BabyQ ( which we are already vigorously testing!).

I have seen several posts on her about performance upgrades and can recommend SW Deisel chip (google it). Aussie made and you even get to speak to Steve himself if you call. I have one fitted to my present Challenger and the diffference is amazing... more power, more torque and NO turbo lag at all. Incidentallly, has anyone on here chipped a Pajero Sport?

Anyway, that's me, here I am and it's great to belong to a group of like- minded people.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all, I have read most of the posts on this forum so decided it was about time I joined! I have just entered "retirement" so have decided to treat myself to a totally new rig .... Pajero Sport (5 seater GLX) and Panda 14-44-5, both for delivery in October. Can hardly wait. I am actually a long term camper/ caravanserais and have owned a few camper trailers and both Aussie and European vans. The Panda seems to be a perfect match between camper and full size van and will be perfect for myself and HWMBO to get to see more of this great land. I am getting some of the " fruit" on the van; TV, radio, storm cover, Aussiewide annex and the obligatory BabyQ ( which we are already vigorously testing!).

I have seen several posts on her about performance upgrades and can recommend SW Deisel chip (google it). Aussie made and you even get to speak to Steve himself if you call. I have one fitted to my present Challenger and the diffference is amazing... more power, more torque and NO turbo lag at all. Incidentallly, has anyone on here chipped a Pajero Sport?

Anyway, that's me, here I am and it's great to belong to a group of like- minded people.
Welcome @Papa Whiskey, we could sense you lurking about. Enjoy the forums more serious side, along with the banter; and enjoy the retirement, there's a bit of a sub club for you guys.

PS are you from proper Maryborough .... or QLD ??

Reactions: twscoot

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Hello Crusty, I am actually in Tinana, which equates to Maryborough South. Home is riverside just near bridge over Mary ( that's part of my back yard on profile pic). Great place to live, lots of history and close to grea places to camp locally. I used to live in FNQ and was a Dantree Tour Guide, so lots of info about that place too.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
:frown-9::welcome::welcome:

Sounds exciting....just like retirement. You'll be sooooooo busy you'll wonder where the time goes.

Except for the travel and fitting up a new van ....and a new car!

October is fast approaching.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hello Crusty, I am actually in Tinana, which equates to Maryborough South. Home is riverside just near bridge over Mary ( that's part of my back yard on profile pic). Great place to live, lots of history and close to grea places to camp locally. I used to live in FNQ and was a Dantree Tour Guide, so lots of info about that place too.
You will come in very handy with a tour background like that

PS
PS are you from proper Maryborough .... or QLD ??
I meant proper Maryborough ie Maryborough Vic. Ha.

Reactions: bigcol and twscoot

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Papa Whiskey,
Hey, I came from that area.

You might like to know I have a street in Tinana named after me: "Rezny Street"

How long have you lived there?

cheers
Mike

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
French AND living in Victoria; it is starting to make sense!,,,,☃️⚡️

Lived in Tinana since November last year. Found the house on the web and bought it sight unseen because of location right on the river. I am sitting here now watching the sun rise behind the trees and reflecting off the water.... almost like being on a favourite camp site. I have decorated and remodelled parts of the house, landscaped front and back yards and now run out of things to do....... a sure sign that it is time to hit the road for a few " trips"

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Welcome if you used to be guide at daintree i used to love swiming at the Blue Hole down turpentine rd great spot did you go there

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Hi Bluey, Actually kept clear of Blue Hole due to politics around its use, etc,etc. I used to take my group of visitors to a great swimming place just upstream on Cooper Creek ( just outside known croc range !). Provided them with a great salad lunch then onto croc tour at Thornton ...... also along Coooper Creek, but just downstream of where they had been swimming. Given the number of salties spottted in the Creek it gave them all food for thought.... Always made me smile!!

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
That is exactly why I joined this forum... it is very open and honest. Your own contributions throughout this forum show your obvious enthusiasm and willingness to provide advice when asked. Feantastic!

Reactions: Crusty181

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awe shucks
I have my moments..................... apparently.............

I have seen over the years on lots of forums, many many good people get "stomped on" for questions or for their replies
thankfully, this forum pretty much "self regulates" itself as is, I think most are sick of the in-fighting and back-biting that happens on other forums
and all the members have made this the forum that it is

I would like to think I am grown up enough to be able to listen to someones point of view, and refrain from biting their head off if I dont agree with them...........
in other words, if I would not or cannot say it to their face - why say it at all...............

everyone has a different view and priority on life
last time I looked, my name was not Jehovah......so I dont get to judge

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Good morning Jehovan...or @bigcol ....well said.

I'm pretty sure it echoes the thoughts of most of us.

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Welcome - Ive bought a new 14.44.5 OB in the last year and made a few improvements latest being diesel heater - check out my posts they may be of interest because the layout should be pretty much the same as yours.