New to forum

SPARKI

Mar 3, 2012
Kooralbyn Qld
Hey Sparki, welcome. I take it by the name that you are in a certain industry?:wave:

Very jealous with the 17.56-2, we are looking at upgrade to later this year. We are looking to get out to all the places near you in the next few months, any recommendations?

Hey, I am hearing you with the 4 kids part busybusymum...

We had the Kluger to begin with and were a little disappointed with the towing capacity (2T) since we originally were looking at a larger van. When we were upgrading the tug last year, we were going with a Prado and asked the dealer about the limited towing capacity. They said that it is how they market the vehicles, doesn’t have anything to do with the actual ratings. You want more tow capacity, you pay to upgrade to a higher spec model.

After being stuffed around by the dealer, we went elsewhere and found a Landcruiser 200 series for the right price. I am pretty sure that the towing capacity on our new 200 is 3500 kg braked.

Hi, yes I am an auto sparki...ran my own business for 18 years and now work in the mining sector. We are very excited about the arrival of our new Jayco approx 8 weeks to go...Will be a step up from our Outback Swan which we sold over a year ago, we miss heading out with our friends and a tent just doesnt cut it these days...we have been spoilt....many argue that its just not camping with all those creature comforts...but I dont care, I love it...after a few drinks and a good feed, theres nothing like a shower and a good night sleep....or the ability to get out of the rain nice and dry in bad weather.
There are some awesome places out this way, Christmas Creek(Stinson Memorial Park), also check out Canungra, there are quite a few out that way, plenty of nice spots on the gold coast if you like caravan parks.

SPARKI

Mar 3, 2012
Kooralbyn Qld
GOPR1050.JPG

Took the FJ up to Bribie Island for its first beach run, very happy with it

SPARKI

Mar 3, 2012
Kooralbyn Qld
Not Long Now

Hope everyone is doing well, those that have their van enjoying and those that are waiting suffering like me :)
Time is flying by, but I bet it will slow up in the last few weeks, Our new 17.56.2 Outback due to come off the assy line on 31st of May and have been told at least another week after that for delivery due to transport from the factory to the Gold Coast and pre-delivery...although Our Outback Swan was delivered before the due date last time...here's hoping !!
The next few weeks will be clearing out the shed and hoping like crazy the new girl squeezes in...have 180mm roof clearance and 50mm per side down a sloped driveway on a slight angle....will be fun :)
Next job on the list will be fitting the brake controller and anderson plug circuit to the FJ....can't wait to do our first local test trip.

Happy camping/ Caravaning to you all.

Grant

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
The next few weeks will be clearing out the shed and hoping like crazy the new girl squeezes in...have 180mm roof clearance and 50mm per side down a sloped driveway on a slight angle....will be fun :)

Grant, is there another driveway from hell amongst the ranks here, watch this space for sparki youtube video like the klugerclan have shown,cheers.

SPARKI

Mar 3, 2012
Kooralbyn Qld
Hang in there mate, not long now. Sounds like an interesting fit with only 50mm on each side.

Waiting is not my best quality, but not much we can do but count down the days...I have a rabbit up my sleeve with regards to the tight fit, there is another door to the garage that is 5mts wide, if need be the van can go there, but will mess up where i have everything currently...will just have to attempt the squeeze when I get it, thanks for posting...Cheers Grant

SPARKI

Mar 3, 2012
Kooralbyn Qld

Grant, is there another driveway from hell amongst the ranks here, watch this space for sparki youtube video like the klugerclan have shown,cheers.

Probably wouldnt call it driveway from hell just yet....but that could change on my first attempt...I should video it just for fun, if it gets embarrassing, I can always delete it...cheers Grant