New Jayco Annex

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I was watching a couple, who had just brought their Swan, struggle with the new Jayco Annex

to me it looked overly complicated, and very strange to setup - poles inside as well as poles outside

however,
they were saying that there was nothing in their paperwork / DVD / etc to say how to set it up, and their Dealer wasn't helpful as well (apparently) so they struggled for a couple of hours before getting it up and sorted

just wondering if anyone
a) knows the one I am referring to
b) knows of an easier way......

cheers

Reactions: Four_Happy_Campers

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
If it is a genuine Jayco Annexe, ditch it. I know the Jayco annexe very well. I have one sitting on my garage floor. It's been there 2 years almost and will never get used again.
I got me a Tigerz11 awning.
However, there is one pole that is, when stretched out, as long as the annexe. If they look in the part of the annexe that is furthest from the van, they will find some loops. Feed the pole through those loops. Then go looking for some poles that have at one end a pin looking thing at one end, and "c" looking thing at the other. The "c" looking thingy plugs into the pole that they threaded through the loopy things. The "c" looking thingy is made from nylon like material. It's a mongrel to get over the pole. That's the best description I can give.
As to the dealer being helpful? That's coz the dealer doesn't know either. Only the twit that designed those annexes knows and he isn't tellin'.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, they were complaining it had taken them about 2 hours to put up, all I saw was a massive pile of poles,
and decided,
best place for me was down the shops out of their way

hahahaha

cheers

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Yes, that sounds right Col. It took me that long. But I did some experimenting before we did that first trip. That's how little I found the dealer knew about it all. I got the whole box and dice. And those walls...... They zip up. What a nightmare......... They are soooooo heavy........

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
yeah, they were complaining it had taken them about 2 hours to put up, all I saw was a massive pile of poles,
and decided,
best place for me was down the shops out of their way

hahahaha

cheers
Get them to contact the WA agent, Caravanland, and see if they can purchase the WA made one. Its a piece of don't be rude to setup. Takes about 5 minutes and you're done. You can even get an annex walls for it to sit without the mozzies.

Reactions: Stan53

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mate, after the first 20 mins they were talking about getting a "real" caravan - and - sod this sh....!!!!!!!!!!

was the 2nd time they had set the Van up, and first for the Annex / Awnning

I can be annoying, but upsetting someone when they are struggling with their New Toy....... mmmmm
nah, all good, once they finally got it sorted they thought they would be ok for the future
Me?
I agree, would have tossed it and then gone to Wilfords Plastics for a new one.