17' Series New from Melb

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
Hi, we just updated from our outback camper trailer (that I loved) to our new expanda 17.56.1 that my wife Lindsey has wanted for ages.
She finally talked me around and I must say we are very happy as we just had our first outing over the Melb cup long weekend to Anglesea Victoria.
We have already booked our Chrissy trip to Port Stephens for 2weeks which she would not have done in the camper, so it's already paying off from point of veiw.
This forum looks great for trips and ideas to improve our expanda. Hope we can have some input at times as we'll.
Cheers Brett

Reactions: blacky

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome Brett & Lindsey. I hope you'll find this forum an essential accessory for your new Expanda. Look forward to your contributions.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Hi, we just updated from our outback camper trailer (that I loved) to our new expanda 17.56.1 that my wife Lindsey has wanted for ages.
She finally talked me around and I must say we are very happy as we just had our first outing over the Melb cup long weekend to Anglesea Victoria.
We have already booked our Chrissy trip to Port Stephens for 2weeks which she would not have done in the camper, so it's already paying off from point of veiw.
This forum looks great for trips and ideas to improve our expanda. Hope we can have some input at times as we'll.
Cheers Brett
:welcome: @BLJM

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome to the forum guys and great choice of van too:encouragement: I might be biased though.

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
Yeah I think it was a perfect sizes for us. Love the bunk bed with the option of using the bottom bunk for the kids to have a friend come away with us one day.
I'm a bit worried though since joining the forum it seems a lot of owners have some kind of warranty claim!
Yeah it's been pretty ordinary wheather even for Melbourne this year Brad.
Thanks for the welcomes guys. Cheers

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Welcome @BLJM as @17triton said...great van choice. But we are also a bit biased :) we love ours.
You'll have to jump onto the "Size Poll" in the 'Jayco Expanda Discussions' section and register your vote...I think the 17's are still trailing the 16's!!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
All van manufacturers have warranty issues. Have piece of mind knowing that Jayco have a great track record at resolving issues, even out of the warranty period. Just keep a note of all issues and give a record of them to your dealer at first service

Reactions: JASA and hamish22

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
OK will do thatuote="relgate, post: 56905, member: 2022"]All van manufacturers have warranty issues. Have piece of mind knowing that Jayco have a great track record at resolving issues, even out of the warranty period. Just keep a note of all issues and give a record of them to your dealer at first service[/quote]
Ok will do that. Cheers.

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
Belated welcomwelcome
Belated welcome from me too, @BLJM. I went back into hibernation after the Melbourne Spring false start.

m me too, @BLJM. I went back into hibernation after the Melbourne Spring false start.
They do say better late than never mate, ha. Cheers for the welcome. Great forum and full of great people wanting to help. Summer not far now?

Reactions: JASA and Xpandafan