New caravan options and design questions

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
No,

Mine is standard springs. I just put the air bags in with the "new" protective bag that allows you to double the pressure to 60PSI. That said, i only tow with 25 PSI in my airbags as that is all that is required to level it out (my db weight is about 320KG), and i find the keeps the car stable will little "rebound" from the bags.

My farther changed springs in his 200, and does not use bags of stabilizers either. He did an entire suspension upgrade.

But the bags are very cost effective, coupled with a on board controller they are so simple to use. Disconnect and let the bags down for a comfortable ride. Blow them up when connecting, no air lines or trips to the service stations.

I made a build thread when i got the car, it has my airbag install within it.

Reactions: Holden_man

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
quite correct

if you leave the "excess" cable still rolled up, it creates a minor magnetic field
that does 1 of 2 things
1) disrupts the actual power phase - puts more load on the single phase that feeds the Van
2) damages the cable - decreases usable life of said cable

this was told to me by an electronics engineer umptine million years ago in an unknown universe, the first time we went camping, and I had just left the excess cable rolled up at the foot of the power pole.......

I only remember, because I was young at the time, and he was going off like a nutter, and I was trying to decide if anyone would see if I hit him with the shovel that was in my hand

then it turned out he was to be my future Father in law...................................
Bet you regret the decision not to hit him with the shovel

Reactions: bigcol