17' Series New 17.56-2 OB Expanda

numbez

Oct 29, 2014
Yarra Valley, Victoria
G'day to all. Time for some introductions! After a few years of deliberating we finally purchased a new Expanda and took delivery back in Oct. We upgraded from a 92 Jayco Swan which seems to be the usual progression once the kids (4 and <1) come along. Thanks to this forum and many of your posts we were able to obtain some extremely useful information and to help with our order and extra list. Thanks also to @cruza driver for his input on a few of our options whilst we were going through our decision making process. Some of our extras included;
  • Bed End Privacy Screens
  • Outdoor Table
  • Drifter Control Panel
  • Windup TV Antenna
  • External TV Ariel Point
  • Extended Drawbar
  • Additional external 240v Powerpoint
  • Extra internal Powerpoints
We've tackled a few small modification so far including;
  • Shelves in the robe/pantry
  • 3M hooks for towels
  • Non-slip matting in all cupboards
  • Latches to hold the front boot lid open
  • Combined the grey water/shower drain pipe to a single outlet
  • Clips to hold leg winder handle and jack handle in front boot
Future additions will include;
  • Stone Stomper
  • Front Tool Box
  • Relocating the Spare Wheel
  • Couple of clips to hold the shower head to the roof
  • plus anything else which catches my eye from this fantastic group of people and their endless list of ideas.
We've now tackled 3 trips since we took delivery, 2 nights in Bright in Oct, 3 nights in Bendigo in Nov and then another 10 nights in Bright in Dec/Jan.

Couple of minor issues on the last trip which were easily fixed, internal locking latch for the pop-top handle/frame broke at the rivet (easy fix). Top rivet on the shower door needed replacing (again easy fix)

Couple of pics
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: to the forum @numbez great intro mate

You ended up with some well thought out extras too, I like the 2 240v external power points :thumb:
Good to hear you have already been out and about too :first:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome o the forum @numbez and might I say "That's a very nice looking van".... My biased view ;)
Plenty of helpful hints, ideas and help on here from a people with experience!!!

Looking forward to see more of the van and your trips :)

numbez

Oct 29, 2014
Yarra Valley, Victoria
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Our current tow vehicle is a Toyota Prado GXL which suits us well at this point. It's a capable vehicle on and off road, although you certainly know the 17 footer is behind you on a 'hill take off'. There's a couple more modifications on the Prado than the Expanda at this stage, but this should change over the coming months with a pending 'corner country' trip earmarked for June this year.
IMG_0197.JPG

Reactions: dagree