My14 jeep grand cherokee overland

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Well we sold our Prado and on Saturday we are going to pick up our new car a jeep GC overland my14 it has a few more luxury items compared to the 120 Prado even thou both are 3.0l diesels Prado 4 cylinder jeep 6 cylinder the power and torque difference is huge can't wait till the weekend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The seats, I miss the Jeep seats............my best advice if you don't DIY maintenance is find a good mechanic and stay away from dealers and your Jeep will give you trouble free driving................www.ausjeepoffroad.com a wealth of info.

Reactions: bigcol and Tucker

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
I love our Grand Cherokee Overland. Best tow tug around. Love reversing up - lower car - go under tow ball - raise car and your hooked up.

That sounds awesome! Be awesome hitching anything up! I toyed with a Jeep Grand Cherokee when we were buying the Colorado 7. I don’t regret buying Col, but love the idea of such simple a hookup! I’ll just have to wait for the kids to get strong enough to operate the jockey wheel!

Reactions: Tucker

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just make sure you check the tow bar bolts occasionally, if one looses tension it's a big problem, more so than with a vehicle that has a chassis.....2 Jeeps so been there.

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Hi all it has been a busy week for me I found a my14 overland 400km away from my worked out a good price over the phone and left a deposit went up Saturday to pick it up. Well all looked great till I looked at the end of the side skirt where it starts to go up the wheel arch, I thought it was mud but no it was the worst stone damage it looked like someone had spent the week using it as target practice with a air rifle so got my not happy deposit back and 400km back home. Now for the good news I hope found another my14 overland a bit more money for asking price but go a really really good deal again over the phone as its 2000km away but only 5 min from my uncle's place so I got him to give over it all and its in pristine condition inside and out I was going to drive it back but found a car carrier truck which can do it cheaper so it should be delivered Saturday so can't wait for the new wheels.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
First thing I would do is change all the fluids then you know you have clean stuff and can see what sort of condition each drop is, the recommended service intervals are too long for gearboxes, TC and diffs....

Reactions: Tucker and bigcol

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

or are you away driving everywhere this weekend?
Yes we picked it up yesterday got it washed straight away as 2000km it was a bit dirty and a quick drive to Ballarat to pick up some new second hand black CSA raptor rims (very cheap) driving it around I felt a bit upmarket very happy with it heap of go in the 3.0L, kids love the panoramic sunroof. 2 tyres are a bit low so boiled in Monday to put the new rims and a set of nitro trail grapplers g2 on

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ha, actually I may not want to look, I do miss the Grand sometimes...except when I'm loaded up for a trip, the Colorado beats it then.......Grands are so nice to just sit back and tramp it......

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Yes we picked it up yesterday got it washed straight away as 2000km it was a bit dirty and a quick drive to Ballarat to pick up some new second hand black CSA raptor rims (very cheap) driving it around I felt a bit upmarket very happy with it heap of go in the 3.0L, kids love the panoramic sunroof. 2 tyres are a bit low so boiled in Monday to put the new rims and a set of nitro trail grapplers g2 on

make sure they reuse your valves as they are the pressure sensors for the tire monitoring

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Screenshot_20180311-164351.png

Reactions: twscoot and Vere