Toy Hauler My Work n Play 17.51.2 mods

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
So I havent got it yet but I have already got some goodies to go in it and a small list of mods i'm going to look at.

• Going to try and make some sort of a couch/seat set up in the front section where the expanda section is so it can be used when we're not sleeping and the bikes are in the back
  • Get one of those trick reverse camera's that have a motor and look down when in reverse and when driving they point up to give you visiblity of what behind me
  • Modify the table section in the back bit to make it more user friendly and able to be walked past.
  • Lithium Battery - 12V 200Ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4

First thing to get dropped in will be:

12V 200Ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4

yse3u3ys.jpg

Just came in and im pumped.
This is one serious MOFO. action-smiley-035.gif

1740 cycles to 100% depth of discharge and 8000 cycles to 30% depth of discharge. Direct drop in replacement, no mods needed.

Gives about twice the useable run time of its 12V 200Ah equivelant and weighs only 30Kg. The AGM equivalant 250 Cycles to full depth of discharge, 600 cycles to 50% of discharge and 1600 to 30% depth of discharge.

So if i use the Work n Play every day and fully discharge the battery it will last 5 years. I'll use it maybe every second week so im thinking in 10 to 15 years time it will still be going strong!

Can't wait to give it a go.

And yes batteries make me horny action-smiley-031.gif

More to follow when i get the Van and start making the mods.

Attachments

• yse3u3ys.jpg
    yse3u3ys.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 265
  • action-smiley-035.gif
    action-smiley-035.gif
    1 KB · Views: 257
  • action-smiley-031.gif
    action-smiley-031.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: blacky and Adam G

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Nice one @Walks if you don't mind me asking, how much did that Bad Boy set you back? Do you need anything special to charge it or will the std Setec unit Jayco provides to the job?

Reactions: rods gq

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Nice one @Walks if you don't mind me asking, how much did that Bad Boy set you back? Do you need anything special to charge it or will the std Setec unit Jayco provides to the job?

It's a direct drop in replacement, no mods required for charging it. Drop it in and use it with all your current gear, setec unit, solar etc. There about $2,5oo. They only used to have about 4 sizes but they now have pretty much all the sizes. 7.5, 15, 18, 26, 40, 45, 50, 75, 100, 120, 140, 150, 180, 200 and 250Ah.

200 should be more than enough for me.

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
It's a bit hard to tell in the photo but did you just make the table half the length that it was originally?

I like the table between the 2 beds/seats, nice and easy and I'll do that for sure.

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Hey. The Work n Play back area, looks like you have carpet in that area. Do it yourself. Do you remove it when taking bikes or put down a cover

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Its marine carpet cut to size, when the quads in there i just put an old sheet down, or if theres mud on tyres i just put a cut out piece of tarp. Havnt had a problem yet.

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
I know you just got it but do you think there is enough cupboard space. And what size is your TV 18inch or 20 if you don't mine

I don't mind at all.

We still need to load the webber Q , chanisaw and a heap of other stuff and my initial feeling is that cupboard space will be at a premium once we start loading everything in and that is based on 2 of us with Dirtbikes, plus the riding gear & tools. We will have to use the back of the car a fair bit of stuff as well.

The TV is a 24 inch Kogan with in built DVD and was about $200. We decided to just get the TV "provision" from Jayco which included the mount, 12V power, arial and RCA leads that go from the TV to the CD player in the Jayco so we can play our TV through the caravan speakers. We also added a TV point externally near the drop down table so we can take the TV outside and play say the Boxing Day test or a musice video by the campfire.

Reactions: Where2nxt

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Since getting it we have slept in there both nights, showered and used the toilet etc. just as we normally would if we were in our home. Basically giving it a good test run in a very controlled envirionment to see what it can do and what issues we may encounter, how much water we might use, how much power. It has been raining the whole time (which is good) and everything appears to be dry. There was a little bit of moisture on some parts of the bed end but not wet if that makes sense.

I've been wanting to test it out using the battery only but have only managed to do it for about an hour so far because we wanted the heater pumping. So before i left for work this morning i've turned the battery on and turned on all the electrics, lights, TV etc int the Van to see how the battery copes while i'm at work. I'm expecting it will still be going strong so we will leave it going all night and we'll sleep in the house until i can run the battery out.

Reactions: cruza driver

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Just a small mod u might want to do just to give u some more space under the bunks at the back ,cut off the middle bar, as it doesn't support any thing.image.jpg