My new van from Jayco Mackay

What is the colour of the leather for the lounge as ordered?

• Black Leather

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Taleivera Leather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grey Orien Leather

• Triumph Leather

• Lucido Leather

• Boston Dark Leather

• Total voters

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I got a public holiday salesman who regards sales numbers more important than integrity or simply doing his job properly...Off with the fairies....Full details to come, probably on Friday or Saturday night when I'm a bit more relaxed.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't know Dean !! Did you run over a couple of Chinamen as you seem to attract difficulties, await you fullsome report............

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
How do I do a poll? I'd love to show some evidence (scanned documents) in a non biased way and see what others think. I can't find it but I know it used to be on ExpandasDownunder somewhere?

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Here we go...The order form for my new van is below (I have removed signatures and other data such as chassis number that is not needed for the poll to come).

Attachments

• Evidence 1.jpg
    Evidence 1.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 338

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Couldn't see the previous image clearly so here is a summarised version for the poll.
upload_2017-6-21_20-53-1.png

I'm going to try being really patient with this forum because I have so many issues with the van I received from Jayco Mackay, and I would prefer not to confuse each issue.

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ok. I've now seen it but not sure what you're hoping to achieve.

Are you trying to determine if the colour delivered is as ordered?

or what what colour most have ordered?

or if the colour is faded, darker...........maybe you need to be more specific.

I gather you're disappointed in the van itself but I'm just not sure if we, as a group, reflect a statistically valid sample for dealing with any issues.

Reactions: Jamroc

Tripper

May 13, 2017
Moranbah
I'm guessing the factory have seen the Lg (assume abbreviation for lounge) and have taken it to mean Light Grey, which would be the Orion colour.
Out of interest did they give you Black leather on the Backrest cushions?
Interested in this thread as we are looking at ordering from the same dealer.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I got grey leather....
When we ordered the van we debated grey and black with the salesman, and initially said grey. The salesman said we had two days to change the colour before it was fixed in stone for that production run. I emailed the next day and said change it to black. The colour is changed to black within the time frame as indicated on my order form. With our kids and pens we thought black was the only real option.

Six days latter the office girl emails us and asks us to confirm the colours of the laminex (why the salesman couldn't confirm I have no idea). There was three colours the salesman wrote on our initial quote, so I wrote these down on the order form as below.

upload_2017-6-24_3-27-38.png

At the handover I was lets say a little bit shocked (especially after seeing the leather colour after another issue on the outside of the van that I will get to latter). The way the salesman pointed out the colour of the leather at handover I believe he knew it was a stuff up. When I complained about it, he showed me the order form. He then said that's what I signed, and basically said it was my fault and I shouldn't have made changes so late

He had white-outed the black leather and hand written Gray Orien on top. He did not white-out the TBA for the colour of the Laminex on the form, that is a dead giveaway to guilt.

Why they had to ask me the laminex colours six days latter I can only guess.

My guess is that the salesman is so busy getting people to sign up he doesn't follow through with the orders he already has. All this would have taken was one phone call to me (same as the other issues I'll mention latter).

I believe that when I was asked for the colours of the laminex and my reply includes the colour of the curtains (Triumph) and Leather (Gray Orien) and only one laminex colour (Taleveira), a bell should have rung in some ones head to confirm what the client actually wants. If the salesman had followed through with processing the sale instead of passing the job on I don't believe this mistake would have happened.

To top this off, while talking to a guy in my staffroom about the salesman not following through due to chasing orders he confirmed by saying that he had to be rather blunt to the same guy for repeatedly ringing back and pressuring a sale that they enquired about (I don't think that's a coincidence).

The first night in the van one of my kids got pen on the seat. We asked a motor trimmer, and he said there is no way to get most inks out of leather.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I'll separate my issues out a bit but still to come are:
  • That's not in the right spot
  • Now I have holes patched up in a brand new van
  • That's not in the right spot either
  • My god that's misleading
  • Who the hell designed that?
  • There is a hole in the end dear Lyzza, dear Lyzza.
  • Do you guys even attempt to do as the client asks and
  • You guys have no idea about the product your selling do you?
I may change titles slightly.

All this aside....I do love my Expanda.....

Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

Bridgetw19

Oct 19, 2016
Country
I'll separate my issues out a bit but still to come are:
  • That's not in the right spot
  • Now I have holes patched up in a brand new van
  • That's not in the right spot either
  • My god that's misleading
  • Who the hell designed that?
  • There is a hole in the end dear Lyzza, dear Lyzza.
  • Do you guys even attempt to do as the client asks and
  • You guys have no idea about the product your selling do you?

Hi dean, I had the same few issues. Our tv bracket is in the wrong spot (can't even close the tv into the built in spot), we have bubbles in laminex under our fridge, pins falling out of the doors, seal in our shower is coming off in our 22.68.1 I rang out dealership and emailed photos and booked it in for our first services and as we live 3 hrs away asked for them to do it our those couple of days so we didn't have to come home and re back again they said they would get back to me. I rang them a week later and said about it again took 5 mins for them to find my Email. They hadn't even put in a warranty claim with Jayco yet so we would have to take it home after the service and they would ring us with when they could 'fit us in'