Toy Hauler My first caravan. WORK N PLAY

Trublood

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
Hi :clap2:
I'm very excited and have fi ally found the caravan for me. After months of searching I have decided to order a work n play.
Does anyone have an recommendations about what options I should order.:help:

Wooohooo so excited . First trip will be Melbourne to Bunbury in December. :minion_wave:

Reactions: Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum and the world of caravans! Also keen to hear why the Wok N Play as well?

Be prepared to receive a load of suggestions.... Plenty will follow :hat:

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Congratulations. We have just taken delivery of our Basestation so appreciate the dilemma!
Are you getting the Outback or a Tourer? If it's the tourer, then recommend getting the axles under slung. They included a step and longer corner jacks as part of the package. Gives much better ground clearance and looks better in my opinion. The 2015 models come either ESC that might be useful if like us, you intend to carry heavy loads in the rear.
Guess options are based on how you plan to use the camper, ie free camping needs solar etc, and whether you prefer it to be fully loaded and ready to go, or do you prefer to tinker with it yourself?
Great choice in machine - can't wait to use ours for the first time in a few weeks.

Trublood

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
Thank you all for your lovely welcome. I am getting the outback, and while researching I thought my new car would be great for the job, a diesel Forester. Now after buying the car in June I now will have to get a new car to tow the van lol. The reason I am getting a work and play is so I can fit the kayaks, fishing gear, etc. Plus with a teenage boy in tow the worknplay will grow with him. I think I will also need a fully loaded van, as I am not very good at tinkering, but I am happy to learn hehe. Any suggestions on a great car or extras I must have in my van will be greatly appreciated. Oh, i forgot to add this is my way of roughing it, so free camping is an option. Have a great night.:)

Reactions: Smirke

Trublood

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
I am meeting with Jayco tomorrow to organise alterations/inclusions. The list is below:

Interior
· Control Panel - drifter panel
· Water filtration system to sink
Appliances
· Fridge – 184LT two door
· Stereo Fusion Premium
· TV aerial
· TV/DVD – Sphere LED 12 V
Exterior
· Shower - External
· Table external foldout
· TV point – external
· Water tank additional /grey water
· Stone Guard
· Offside external lights
· Ext draw bar
· Fold down ramp

I look forward to hearing any more tips before I place my order.

Have a great day everyone

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ah @Trublood this is what you need for the Yaks and gear, then when it's a fair hike to the water no problemo, your Yak is with you. As well as the beer fridge.

setupnindy-jpg.jpg

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I am meeting with Jayco tomorrow to organise alterations/inclusions. The list is below:

Interior
· Control Panel - drifter panel
· Water filtration system to sink
Appliances
· Fridge – 184LT two door
· Stereo Fusion Premium
· TV aerial
· TV/DVD – Sphere LED 12 V
Exterior
· Shower - External
· Table external foldout
· TV point – external
· Water tank additional /grey water
· Stone Guard
· Offside external lights
· Ext draw bar
· Fold down ramp

I look forward to hearing any more tips before I place my order.

Have a great day everyone
Good to see more WnP's

2x Solar and 2nd battery, plus if you listen to some of us it's DIESEL HEATER. Not that I'm biased, much.

From our own WnP though I'd have to add that as standard the ball weight was well over the Compliance Plate max figure. It's taken me quite a bit of changes so that now it's back to where it needs to be for us. Must update my build Thread in the next few days to show how I did it without actually carrying expensive and heavy toys in the rear to balance it out. Then I must update the trip info on how it worked out in practice.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/phil-lyns-17-51-2ob.3590/

Reactions: Crusty181