Mungo National Park

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Been looking at WiKi Camps about the place as well as the NPWS site, its on my list if we head down that way later this year. Can't remember if it contained or not, don't think so though, Van park on edge of park and a camp just inside....Was planning on a night or 2 at Pooncarrie before Mungo.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was going to use Pooncarrie as a water/dump stop before bouncing out to Mungo, been heading out there for 40 years might get there this year.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Kids won't care......never know the timing might match.......could have a coldie together.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
We camped at Mungo NP two years ago. There is a toilet block there and showers at the visitors centre so I think you could get away without a grey water tank if you used the parks facilities. With our sink water we ran that into a bucket and watered the trees.

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Yes i will if not i will drive out of park and empty my drum but im sure it will be fine did you do the tour 30 odd bucks each they say it's good to get ip close to stuff you carnt normally

Yes we did a tour but I can’t remember how much it was. You get to go behind the fences and barricades where the non-paying public can’t access. The park ranger guide whose name might have been Don was an indigenous fella from that clan who is also a school teacher. His knowledge and stories were well worth the tour price.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Diddo on the tour. Did it a couple years back and well worth it. He also pulled out a guitar and sang a few songs indigenously.
We did notice the general public not on the tour all walling around the place and the rangers didn't seem too fussed, so not sure if you *need* to be on a guided tour thing.
We also used the showers at the visitor centre, long drop in the park and ran the hose off the sink to the trees. Same as what everyone else was doing. Maybe changed in the past 2 yrs?)
We got in about 4pm and the camping area was full (although some pricks were set up over 2 spots so they could have that little area to themselves) - snagged the last spot while others were still doing laps looking for the 'best' one.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
@Bluey we were unfortunate in that the camping spots were full when we arrived but the ranger allowed us (3 vans and a tent) to camp in the day parking only area. The stipulation on camping in this area was no fires unfortunately so sorry didn’t take much notice of fire places in the camping area.