Moving water pump

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I am thinking of doing it, just getting my van raised at the moment then I will re investigate. I think I can use the space better where the pump is for something else.

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
We are considering adding an extra one underneath to pump water in from rivers etc when we're out bush. Saw one that was in a casing which would protect it, but haven't decided about it all yet.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Not a bad idea, the only downside that I can see is the noise.....your neighbors may not like it! Maybe you could put it in a box for protection and dampen the noise.

Reactions: blacky

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I bought a 12v pump (similar to the one in the van) and use it to pump water out of jerry cans into the van tanks. Lot easier & quicker than pouring them. Just use the anderson plug near the hitch and store it when no in use.

Reactions: blacky

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I will have a look when I'm on a computer later, but it was a Shurflo.

The only issue is how far/high they draw since the idea is to cut out the step of collecting and carrying water back to the van.
Thanks. It's certainly a good idea worth pursuing

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
I was doing some shelving in van on the weekend, and I looked at where the pump is mounted, bang smack in the middle of that area under the sink, thoughts to myself, what a waste of space, wonder if I could move it, even right over to one side would be better than where jayco have mounted it. Now you have me really thinking........Barney

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
In our van it's not really a space issue as it sits next to the hot water tank it's just it vibrates on the stuff it's touching and in general a bit noisy. If i was to take the effort to remount so not touching anything I was thinking of putting it rite out of the way. Not sure if the factory jayco ones are water proof either so as mention above might have to put some protection around it.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
A lot of manufactures are putting pumps underneath with a protective cover,
my mates new van has the pump just behind the rear tank, both his tanks are centred directly above the axles

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
In our van it's not really a space issue as it sits next to the hot water tank it's just it vibrates on the stuff it's touching and in general a bit noisy. If i was to take the effort to remount so not touching anything I was thinking of putting it rite out of the way. Not sure if the factory jayco ones are water proof either so as mention above might have to put some protection around it.
they put hot water tank on first shelf and pump dead centre on the floor below this shelf, basically taking up whole cupboard below the sink in my van, no thought went into it. Barney

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
I installed the pump up side down under the sink by installing a board across the width of the drain board and attached the pump to that works like a treat.