Moto GP 2017 PI

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
any one going to the 2017 Motogp at Phillip island in October this year . We are camping at highside again then heading north for two weeks afterwards .

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
I wish!

I rode down last year with a bunch of older guys (mates of an uncle) and a cousin. My first time to the Island - I had a ball!

Can't get there this year as I've no leave left to take time off work. Will see if my boys enjoy a weekend of motorcycle racing when Aus superbikes come to Eastern Creek. If they do I'll definitely be back next year, although this time I'll leave the yammy at home and tow the van down.

What's highside camping like? I looked at trackside and wouldn't want to stay there with young kids!

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
I wish!

I rode down last year with a bunch of older guys (mates of an uncle) and a cousin. My first time to the Island - I had a ball!

Can't get there this year as I've no leave left to take time off work. Will see if my boys enjoy a weekend of motorcycle racing when Aus superbikes come to Eastern Creek. If they do I'll definitely be back next year, although this time I'll leave the yammy at home and tow the van down.

What's highside camping like? I looked at trackside and wouldn't want to stay there with young kids!

There is no problem camping with kids at highside for gp and trackside for sbk , however wouldn't take kids trackside for GP too many ferals. There are shower blocks and toilet blocks, we generally use the shower in the van coz we can but only use the toilet in the van for nightime. If you come for SBK let us know we generally get a spot for about 16 of us and no probs adding in with the guys from nsw and qld that we camp with. I have camped with my kids and friends with their young children at tge track. Years ago used to stay in Cowes but wouldn't bother anymore, easier to walk from campground to track.

Reactions: The escapist

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Not sure prob not this year, got a track ride day to do there soon so 2 trips there in a couple of months not likely to happen. Tv this year me thinks.

Reactions: mrsmfexpanda